Looking for a school

Rick Myers

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello Everyone. My name is Rick and I'm new here. I am looking for any information that anyone might have on a Tang Soo DO school in the Portland, Or/Vancouver, Wa area. I studied Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do while I was stationed in Kunsan AB Korea where I received my 6th drgree Green belt and want to finish . Thank you for any help you can provide.

Rick

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk Rick!

I think Wade, who posts regularly in the TKD threads is from your area. Perhaps he can give you some good leads for schools.

Miles

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk and wade would be the man in that area he will know someone if there are any.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Is there a particular org that you belong to? If so, then perhaps it may be possible to find some parity with the training you received in Korea.

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, hi, uh, Wade here. TSD, not so much. WTF style TKD, a whole freaking bunch. To be honest there is a very sharp devide of Korean Martial arts in this area. On the one hand you have WTF Taekwondo, ie: Olympic style full contact. On the other you have "Traditional" Taekwondo, ie: non-contact. The problem is that it is not TSD. It's like the WTF without the contact. I suggest you check out some basic Shotokan classes or general Japanese Karate because I think that will be the closest thing that you are looking for. If not, come see me and we will talk and see if what I do and teach will fit your mental and physical state of mind. When I first started in TKD I trained under a man who trained under Sun Duk Son, a TSD Master so I think I do sort of know the difference. What we do is "way" different. But you still might like it so come on down, the water ain't deep and the fish are friendly.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can't offer you TSD, but we train a non-WHRDA hwarangdo style in Yacolt, Washington and could likely meet you here in Vancouver. Do you do coffee?

Latest Discussions