MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Complete Krav Maga by Darren Levine and John Whitman.

It's the standard manual for Krav Maga Worldwide and it's my go-to for questions about techniques at home. The photo illustrations are very clear and easy to follow. jAlso I've met John Whitman at a seminar last year and he is an excellent teacher :).

Krav Maga by David Kahn is also good but the illustrations leave something to be desired IMO.

Spork3245

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I highly recommend the books by David Kahn. We've had people come to our school from across the country with their only experience in martial arts coming from reading David's two books (the third is on the way for later this year, and I'm totally in it :D!!!!) and they seemed to perform suprisingly well during classes/seminars, all things considered. Though, I must admit, I may be a bit biased on this issue... however, you can pick up both of David Kahn's books for VERY cheap (used) on Amazon.com - Also former Chief IDF Krav Maga Instructor Boaz Aviram put a book out barely 3 months ago, though it's a bit over-priced for the materials covered IMO... (Don't tell Boaz I said that!!!!) :)

xfighter88

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I would go with Complete Drav Maga and Black Belt Krav Maga. Both are by Darren Levine and they are the official guides of Krav Maga Worldwide which is the main sanctioning body here in the states. If they are good enough for Bass Rutten they are good enough for me.

Spork3245

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I know you're looking for books but this was just posted up (late) last night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z7BzWt4L9g

Chief US IKMA Instructor David Kahn is putting out an instructional DVD series. It's in the final processes and should be out in the next few months...
For those who would question: No it's not sped up - That's why Dave decided to leave the sound in, so you can hear him talking and see it's not being sped up in any way. The talking, if you listen, also gives a good "teaser" of what's to come with the instruction within the DVD itself. :)

PS: I'm one of the "uki's" in the DVD series, as well as in the trailer :D!

harold

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have both books from David Kahn as well as the Complete Krav Maga book and Black Belt Krav Maga by Darren Levine. The illustrations iar, in my opinion, better in the Levine books. I am looking forward to the release of the David Kahn DVDs

harold

Green Belt
Reaction score
My apologies for the misspelling in my previous post. I neglected to use spell check.

Latest Discussions