Long Range Missile

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This week N. Korea launched it's first long range missile:

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2012/12/12/nkorea-fires-long-range-rocket.html?ESRC=eb.nl

Also we launched a no longer so secret space plane:

http://www.universetoday.com/98937/air-forces-secret-x-37b-space-plane-launches-on-third-mission/

Will the next war be fought in space?

LOL,
it's a rerun from the 80s.

(North Korea does not have enough food to feed it's people, but money to play with rockets...a special place in hell should be reserved for those 'leaders')

OP
Instructor

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am also reminded of the old 1980's star wars program. I suspect that projects in that vein have been secretly developed all along, if not in the public eye.

The N. Korean people need to sort this out. What worries me is I am not sure they have the will to do so.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am also reminded of the old 1980's star wars program. I suspect that projects in that vein have been secretly developed all along, if not in the public eye.

The N. Korean people need to sort this out. What worries me is I am not sure they have the will to do so.

I suppose when daily life is a struggle (like putting food on the table) the rockets flying overhead are not relevant.

OP
Instructor

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally hope one of our birds tracks down the N. Korean payload (whatever it was) captures it and brings it home. We have the capability.

OP
Instructor

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We do..check the second link. The space plane has a shuttle like cargo bay.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Maybe that is the secret mission it is on :) Though the North Korean payload didn't make it into orbit did it?

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What did Einstein say? I don't know what weapons WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones.

(As an arnisador, I'm well prepared!)

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ahh I thought it had fallen.

While disturbing, North Korea has a lot further to go before they have the technology to create an ICB or such. More worrying for me, is that Iran is the main source of technology for North Korea in nuclear weapons research. That is kind of an unholy alliance in my eyes. not sure if anything can be done to stop it though.

I saw an article on the mini-shuttle a few days ago. Interesting. I wonder if it really has the capability to retrieve items from space as well as deliver items to orbit. Or if it has weaponry on it. It would change the equation on other country's spy and communication satalites if it does. Of course, it may be that I watch too much science fiction and am looking for the pew pew :)