Like ... oops. Sorry.

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This morning I was on my way to pick up a friend and was running late, so I called him to let him know. He picked up on speakerphone so he sounded a little funny, but he acknowledged me and said he'd be waiting.

We spent the full day at a Board meeting so of course I turned off my phone. Finally around dinnertime I turned it back on to find several increasingly irate messages. I went back and looked at my phone, and it turned out I had called a wrong number that morning - "I got a call from this number saying you'd come by, and I've been sitting around for six hours waiting for Joe to come and pay me my money! What's going on?!?"

Considering the investment he made in my message, I felt honor bound to call him back with an explanation and apology. It sounds like I was about to screw up his life, or he was based on my misinformation. Thank God I got his voicemail.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
"It's me, Flea. Open up man, I got the stuff."

"Flea's not here, man."

:rofl:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't owe the moron crap...

I get a call from a number I don't recognize, apologizing for running late for a meeting I don't know about... I ain't parking my *** waiting. I'm probably just disregarding it entirely as a wrong number.

It's his own stupid fault -- not yours.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What I don't get is the people that call back numbers they don't recognize.

When someone in my group makes a call, the number that shows up on caller ID is our hotline number that rings in to the group, and not our individual line. Every now and then I get a call from someone saying "I got a call from this number, who was it?"

Um...Swami says.... :lol:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What I don't get is the people that call back numbers they don't recognize.

When someone in my group makes a call, the number that shows up on caller ID is our hotline number that rings in to the group, and not our individual line. Every now and then I get a call from someone saying "I got a call from this number, who was it?"

Um...Swami says.... :lol:
Actually, I've done that a few times, especially on my work phone. But that's because sometimes people get referred to me, other times it's a patrol unit who's phone number I don't know...

And, of course, a lot of times -- it's just someone who misdialed.

Latest Discussions