Lifetime License to Carry

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here in Indiana, we now have the option of getting our License to carry for a lifetime. I'm definitely going to do it when it's time for me to renew this fall. Just curious about your thoughts on the matter.

JeffJ

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
That is awesome, I wish we had that down here in Florida. I always wondered why more states would not do this.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A good idea. While not quite entirely free, at least it's only something that has to be done once, and that's it. It's great from the permit holder's point of view, in that it's as good as Vermont-style carry. It's also great from the law enforcement point of view, in that as long as someone maintains a clean record, they don't have to keep re-processing the paperwork.

Indiana has always been pretty gun-friendly anyways, with the exception of that slag pit city known as Gary.

OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lisa said:
what do you have to do/pay to get this?

I think, but am not sure, it's about $400

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
sounds like a sweet deal. I am jealous of your "shall issue" state :)

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
pstarr said:
That would be very nice! Wish they had it in Nebraska.

Don't give up on that idea. At least Nebraska finally moved in the right direction with "Shall Issue" CCW, despite Chambers trying his darndest to derail it.

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
For Florida I believe its renewal time every 5 years for $65. Not counting the initial registration and fingerprinting, in 30 years (6 renewals) I will have spent $390 and would be almost 70 years old if the fees don't go up. Right now its much easier to convince the wife to part with $65 every 5 years than $400 all at once. YMMV. You need to find the break even point depending on age/life expectancy and projected inflation of renewal costs.

Latest Discussions