Liberal quote machine

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Funny....

http://www.museumquotemachine.com/

'Let's get rid of all the economic (expletive) this country represents! Bring it on, I hope the Muslims win!'
Chrissie Hynde of The Pretenders
'Many families have been devastated tonight. This just is not right. They did not deserve to die. If someone did this to get back at Bush, then they did so by killing thousands of people who DID NOT VOTE for him! Boston, New York, DC, and the planes' destination of California--these were places that voted AGAINST Bush!'
Michael Moore-ON

Floating Egg

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm not a liberal or a conservative, so I can laugh wholeheartedly at these quotes without feeling guilty, but to be fair, there should be a Conservative quote machine. Insanity and ignorance runs in both directions.

DngrRuss

Orange Belt
Reaction score
We could simply post the entire transcript of The Way Things Aren't, quotes by Rush "Drugs are Ok for Me, but not Liberals" Limbaugh.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
DngrRuss said:
We could simply post the entire transcript of The Way Things Aren't, quotes by Rush "Drugs are Ok for Me, but not Liberals" Limbaugh.
So drugs are fine, just not for Rush? lol. The hypocrisy in the Rush versus dopers argument goes both ways....and has absolutely nothing to do with the current national security situation the US finds itself in or anyone but Rush Limbaugh. Thousands of drug using leftists are fine, one prescription drug using conservative talk show host is an indictment on all conservatives? lol. I figured it would help bridge a gap between Limbaugh and the radical left, they finally have something in common.

And of course Rush claiming that drugs are bad, and using them, are nowhere near as vile as claiming the country should lose to islamic terrorists. You'll be hard pressed to top that. In order to come close to that vitriol, the left will have to try and claim Neo-Nazis and white supremacists are conservatives and quote them. Ironic, since it's already been shown that those groups are closer to the leftists politically on this topic....i.e. "Israel and US bad, Islamic terrorists goooooodddd."

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
"One could say that Osama bin Laden and these non-nation-state fighters with religious purpose are very similar to those kind of atypical revolutionaries that helped to cast off the British crown."
Marcy Kaptur- Democratic Representative Ohio

"He's (Osama bin Laden) been out in these countries for decades, building schools, building roads, building infrastructure, building day-care facilities, building health-care facilities, and these people are extremely grateful. We haven't done that."
Patty Murray- Democratic Senator Washington (speech to a high school honors class)

"We all need to take a deep breath and think about being a Bush daughter and having that cross to bear. I'd go out and have a couple of drinks too,"
Julia Roberts

"If you asked would I live in London the rest of my life, yeah, I'd be very happy to stay here. There's nothing in America that I would miss at all."
Robert Altman The Times (London) January 21, 2002

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tgace said:
"One could say that Osama bin Laden and these non-nation-state fighters with religious purpose are very similar to those kind of atypical revolutionaries that helped to cast off the British crown."
Marcy Kaptur- Democratic Representative Ohio
Great, now bin Laden is George Washington.

Tgace said:
"He's (Osama bin Laden) been out in these countries for decades, building schools, building roads, building infrastructure, building day-care facilities, building health-care facilities, and these people are extremely grateful. We haven't done that."
Patty Murray- Democratic Senator Washington (speech to a high school honors class)
I've heard this statement from Patty Murray before, and it never ceases to astound me as to the level of stupidity displayed by her. Patty and her friends say that George Bush is dumb? lol. Talk about the pot and the kettle. Day care centers? pffft. Day care centers for WHAT?! Women didn't go to work in Afghanistan, they stayed home with a burhka cooking and cleaning and taking a beating when it suited the Taliban. Day care centers....

Tgace said:
"We all need to take a deep breath and think about being a Bush daughter and having that cross to bear. I'd go out and have a couple of drinks too,"
Julia Roberts

"If you asked would I live in London the rest of my life, yeah, I'd be very happy to stay here. There's nothing in America that I would miss at all."
Robert Altman The Times (London) January 21, 2002
And we probably wouldn't miss you either, Robert Altman (who?).

Again, leftists hate hearing their own leaders being quoted. They are their own worst enemies sometimes. As far as Rush Limbaugh is concerned, quoting a talk show host is far different than quoting the moronic meanderings of elected officials. The first is trivia, the second is important to understand the minds of some of our so-called leaders. Nobody elected Limbaugh to the house or senate.

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
"We are a nation that is unenlightened because of religion. I do believe that. I think that religion stops people from thinking. I think it justifies crazies. I think flying planes into a building was a faith-based initiative. I think religion is a neurological disorder.

When you look at beliefs in such things as, do you go to heaven, is there a devil, we have more in common with Turkey and Iran and Syria than we do with European nations and Canada and nations that, yes, I would consider more enlightened than us."

-Bill Maher

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Then why do we have to be "tolerant" of anothers religion? What do liberals want? Elimination of Religion? As I believe that the number of people in the US who consider themselves religious is in the 80% neighborhood. A lot of Americans should be offended at that statement. And being compared to nations like Iran and Syria? Please.

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
And of course Rush claiming that drugs are bad, and using them, are nowhere near as vile as claiming the country should lose to islamic terrorists. You'll be hard pressed to top that. In order to come close to that vitriol, the left will have to try and claim Neo-Nazis and white supremacists are conservatives and quote them. Ironic, since it's already been shown that those groups are closer to the leftists politically on this topic....i.e. "Israel and US bad, Islamic terrorists goooooodddd."

Oh--we liberals do that all the time. We try to slip it in between gay sex and our 10:00 abortion appointment.

I never use the "eye rolling" icon. I don't like using any of them...but that quote above deserves it. Maybe the "lol" one, too.

Regards,

Steve

Floating Egg

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I think we've been too tolerant. If I was the supreme ruler of the world, it would be okay to call people out for having irrational beliefs, but I'm not, so I usually just mind my own business.

And yes, you're right, most people in the US and the rest of the world have some kind of religious belief sytem, but some other countries do a better job of keeping it out of politics. In Canada, for example, it would be political suicide for the prime minister to talk the way Bush does about his relationship with God.

Since when did Americans start thinking that they had the right to not be offended? The truth hurts.

DngrRuss

Orange Belt
Reaction score
So, it's ok to offend me by making the very word "liberal" equal to Satan? It's ok to demonize the left and not only imply, but indite liberals as traitors (i.e. Ann Coulter)? It's ok to say whatever vile, often hateful and self-rightous thing you want as long as liberals are on the receiving end, but God forbid that you on the right should be offended?

Let me be the first to apologize to you. We didn't think you guys were that sensative, what with all the gun-waving and war-mongering. Sorry to hurt your feelings.

As far as my little slam at Rush is concerned- you're right. He's not an elected official, just a hypocrite. But, that's ok, cuz he's a conservative- correct?

Hey, I am more than willing to admit that the left (both leadership and icons) say a lot of dumb things. I am an independant, so I have the luxury of not siding with one party over another. Because of that, I also recognize when the right shove their feet firmly into their mouths as well. Partisanism does not enter into it. What I have noticed is that more Dems either dismiss, ignore, or actually decry the dumb things said on their side more than the Republicans. If a right-winger said it, it is automatically correct- no matter how dumb or venomous it is. I think that it is that blind unity that has given them their power in the last 20 some years. I also think that it will ultimately be their downfall.

Blind unity often breeds arrogance and complacence (sp?). That's when the giants are brought down by little guys with stones and slings.

It should truly be up to the right and the left to police their own. Most of us in the US are more in the middle than either far to the right or the left on most issues. Most of us just want to do our jobs, raise our families, and get home from 7-Eleven alive. If you identify yourself as right- kick the asses of right-wingers that only make you look bad by the dumb things they do. The same should be said for the left.

God, I need a drink......

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
DngrRuss said:
So, it's ok to offend me by making the very word "liberal" equal to Satan? It's ok to demonize the left and not only imply, but indite liberals as traitors (i.e. Ann Coulter)? It's ok to say whatever vile, often hateful and self-rightous thing you want as long as liberals are on the receiving end, but God forbid that you on the right should be offended?
Everyone needs to be offended from time to time. It keeps them honest. I hear whinning about liberals being called traitors, from people who are the first to call conservatives fascists. Again, if the shoe fits... Also, keep in mind, the hurtful comments above are taken directly from things said by those very leftists themselves. Nobody is labelling anyone anything without context. It's not my fault some moronic leftist thought Bin Laden was building daycare centers.

DngrRuss said:
Let me be the first to apologize to you. We didn't think you guys were that sensative, what with all the gun-waving and war-mongering. Sorry to hurt your feelings.
Who's being sensitive? I'm certainly not whining, i've got nothing to whine about. I was merely denigrating the asinine statements of a few morons. I'm hardly offended by them, except, maybe, at the shear blatant stupidity behind them. It's just fun to laugh at moronic thinking in all it's forms, whether some leftist senator says it, or Bush says it. I mean, you were just talking about labelling people, and now i'm a war-monger? Way to take the high-ground. Again.

DngrRuss said:
As far as my little slam at Rush is concerned- you're right. He's not an elected official, just a hypocrite. But, that's ok, cuz he's a conservative- correct?
It's ok because he's an entertainer, and not directly in charge of any branch of government. I'm far less concerned with the moronic statements or behavior of entertainers than I am elected officials. The fact that an elected official of the US Senate thought Bin Laden was building daycare centers in Afghanistan frightens me. It seems that many on the left have placed all their eggs in one basket in their contempt for Rush Limbaugh. It's almost as if they believe that if they can just demonize Limbaugh enough, they can win the country back. Sorry, it's nothing like that easy.

DngrRuss said:
Hey, I am more than willing to admit that the left (both leadership and icons) say a lot of dumb things. I am an independant, so I have the luxury of not siding with one party over another.
Then why are you acting as though you are offended. As an independent, why bother jumping on the bandwagon to defend their asinine behavior and statements?

DngrRuss said:
Because of that, I also recognize when the right shove their feet firmly into their mouths as well. Partisanism does not enter into it. What I have noticed is that more Dems either dismiss, ignore, or actually decry the dumb things said on their side more than the Republicans. If a right-winger said it, it is automatically correct- no matter how dumb or venomous it is.
You never heard me say anything like that. You also don't hear me defending asinine thinking on the part of Republicans. I don't defend the "faith based" rantings of many conservatives. But I find it a far cry from the type of "Hate America at any cost" behavior of many on the radical left. Claiming that America deserves to lose the war on terror is beyond the pale.

DngrRuss said:
I think that it is that blind unity that has given them their power in the last 20 some years. I also think that it will ultimately be their downfall.
I think it's the "Hate America at all costs, until we can change it in our image" behavior of the radical left that has given the conservatives their power in the last 20 years. That's what I want to expose, the moronic thinking of the radical left. That's not a free pass for all conservatives, as a moron in their midst is a moron none the less.

DngrRuss said:
Blind unity often breeds arrogance and complacence (sp?). That's when the giants are brought down by little guys with stones and slings.
You might want to keep that in mind.

DngrRuss said:
It should truly be up to the right and the left to police their own. Most of us in the US are more in the middle than either far to the right or the left on most issues. Most of us just want to do our jobs, raise our families, and get home from 7-Eleven alive. If you identify yourself as right- kick the asses of right-wingers that only make you look bad by the dumb things they do. The same should be said for the left.

God, I need a drink......
And it is up to us in the middle to expose the radical extremists of all stripes. That includes precious leftist ones with big mouths, as well as right wing religious extremists. I find it a bit myopic to claim that I can only criticize right wingers. The left seems to give a free pass to even the most asinine statements of their fellows. I won't leave them to police themselves, thank you.

Floating Egg

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Both sides make asinine statements, but no one calls them out except the other party. It would be nice if there was a device controled by a computer that would raise a stupid flag every time something ridiculous was said. The reporters certainly aren't going to do it, and most people aren't capable of critical thinking. At the end of a term in office the number of stupids would be totaled and whoever got the least stupids would win the next term in office. Okay, it's not perfect. :D

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
"You think the Republican National Committee could get this many people of color in a single room? Only if they had the hotel staff in here."

Howard Dean
Whether you are a Democrat or Republican, whether you are a liberal or a conservative, we know that neither this President nor prior Presidents of both parties did everything right or we would not have had a 9/11.
-Charles Schumer
Read: 9/11 is our fault. Like those women who "asked to be raped" by dressing like that.

"God bless the America we are trying to create."
-Hillary Clinton

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Read: 9/11 is our fault. Like those women who "asked to be raped" by dressing like that.
Are you implying that the US is pretty squeaky clean and nothing we did contributed to the circumstances that led up to 9/11? This is much more complicated then the rape of a woman, a false comparison. I don't know how you can so easily write off the forty years of screwing with the Arab world...

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The only people who are at fault for the 9/11 attacks are those who planned, organised, supported and carried out the attacks. There is no justification whatsoever for such attacks upon clear non-combatants. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either evil or stupid.

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
"I issued a number of denials to people I thought needed to hear them"
~Bill Clinton, Grand Jury Testimony (Translation: I wanted to cover it up so I lied to you- even under oath)

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans..."
~Bill Clinton, USA Today, March 11, 1993, Page 2A

"Human beings, as a species, have no more value than slugs."
~John Davis, Editor of The Earth First! Journal

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Oh come on now. Terrorism is a (insert adjective) political activity. And you are saying that the policies of the US had nothing to do with the development of Arab terror politics?

How do you think a normal average Habib, caught in the middle of the Iran/Iraq war is going to feel when he learns that the chemical weapons, the bombs, the missiles, and the guns being used on the both sides were sold to the countries involved by the US?

How do you think a palestinean Habib is going to feel when he learns that the US gives 1.5 billions dollars to Isreal, no strings attached no matter what they do (there is a two way door here, I know)? This is ontop of all of the weapons that we sell/give to them...

How do you think any Arab is going to feel when they learn of the Carter Doctrine which states that the US reserves the right to use our military in order to preserve our access to Middle Eastern oil...

It is going to take a lot of courage to face up to the fact that this conflict has been going on for 40 years and that we have been intimately involved in its escalation. It's too easy to just pin this on the terrorists. Shirking all responsability in this matter is not going to demonstrate American Courage and it is not going to solve any problems.

Latest Discussions