Law Suits with the Government at the root but the customer and or company having to pay ..

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OnStar will be transitioning to Digital service only. This is based upon a rulling by the FCC that in 2008 the cell phone carries no longer have to support analog at all.

See here: http://www.onstar.com/us_english/jsp/digital_transition.jsp

Also see here : http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070510/AUTO01/705100380/1148/auto01

Where a man bring suit against GM becuase they will no longer be able to support is older analog system, because teh underlying carrier of the air waves is no longer going to support it either.

What are your thoughts on this?

Is it the the fault of the company who sells the service?

Is it the fault of the company that sells the backbone or capability (* i.e. a tier two supplier *) to the company that sells to the customer?

Is it the fault of the FCC?

Or is it the fault that we as a society make to many improvements in technology and there is no way for anyone or company to support older technology?

My Old Cell phone service upgraded their digital and then raised teh rates on all older contracts and phones that support both analog and older digital protocols. They did this to force people to change to the new service as it was cheaper now. Should I have brought suit against them as my phone still worked and they were forcing me to change against my will?

Or is it the fault of the customer, who expects too much?

Now before we cap this off, there is a small not known law that requires vehicle manufacturers to be able to service vehicles for ten years after production date of the model year ending. There is no requirement for phones or tv's or medical equipment only vehicles. So, given this, has the FCC now placed the vehicle manufacturers in a no man zone as there is no carrier, and for some no way to update their existing systems to the new digital?

Latest Discussions