Kung Fu vs MMA

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
While I'm tired of all these style vs style that have been making a comeback, at least it shows that kung fu does not mean no grappling ability.

More than anything its just two guys fighting. Their style doesnt have nearly as much to do with it as their own abilities.

Edit: I find it funny how all the comments on yt are saying he must have crosstrained because he sprawled. Because obviously no kung fu style could teach that, and him being able to handle it must mean hes actually an MMA fighter in disguise.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh goodie, another style v style video. Just what we needed, not. :rolleyes:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Martial arts was definitely the looser in that fight.

Does anyone know what promotion that was?

OP
Martial D

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
I just thought you guys would enjoy some cma coming out on top. (As the trend seems to be the opposite)

I enjoyed it. That's the same mma guy that's been challenging and belittling cma masters. The preying mantis guy whooped him.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My biggest gripe about these videos, actually, is that nothing actually happens until halfway into the video.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I just thought you guys would enjoy some cma coming out on top. (As the trend seems to be the opposite)

I enjoyed it. That's the same mma guy that's been challenging and belittling cma masters. The preying mantis guy whooped him.
Not really people are just bored of these type of videos. No one actually cares about which style wins

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really people are just bored of these type of videos. No one actually cares about which style wins

You took the words out of my mouth. I haven't watched the video because I don't care who wins, I've seen thousands of competitive fights live I don't care about videos made by people I've never heard and posted just to start arguments.

OP
Martial D

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
You took the words out of my mouth. I haven't watched the video because I don't care who wins, I've seen thousands of competitive fights live I don't care about videos made by people I've never heard and posted just to start arguments.
With all due respect, your intonations as to my motivation for posting this video couldn't be more wrong.
As per competition, without it you are left with only faith and dogma, and in my opinion those two ingredients ruin rather than make effective martial arts training.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I guess I won't show the fight that I recently had against a guy from at a MMA gym.

Last edited:
OP
Martial D

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was actually watching a couple of your uploads last night. All the props in the world for doing real sparring.

Question, how different do you think your style would be if you did not?

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
With all due respect, your intonations as to my motivation for posting this video couldn't be more wrong.
As per competition, without it you are left with only faith and dogma, and in my opinion those two ingredients ruin rather than make effective martial arts training.
Or people here simply don't care. Everyone who knows anything about martial arts knows that anyone can win on any given day regardless of style and frankly there's been like 10 of these types of video lately any discussion that could be had has been done now

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I was actually watching a couple of your uploads last night. All the props in the world for doing real sparring.

Question, how different do you think your style would be if you did not?
Is this question directed to me?

OP
Martial D

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Or people here simply don't care. Everyone who knows anything about martial arts knows that anyone can win on any given day regardless of style and frankly there's been like 10 of these types of video lately any discussion that could be had has been done now
I'm pretty certain you speak for only one person here. I feel everyone else is perfectly capable of speaking for themselves.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm pretty certain you speak for only one person here. I feel everyone else is perfectly capable of speaking for themselves.
And look at the replies you've had. Sounds like everyone's got the same opinion

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Kung Fu vs the world....... Yeah, I've had enough of these things so I will posts these and go....

67089965.jpg

And now for the finale