Krav Maga questions?

bogdy23

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

Is krav maga a martial art or a modular military system?a lot of fake masters out there.
I want to learn from Rony Kluger i think he is very ok but the teaches modular activites.
My main concern is after 200 hours of practice of krav maga and having learned the system will i be able to beat a pro fighter let`s say 5-6 years experienced martial artist or a person who is a "wise guy" and collects debt and has done 7-8-10 years of kickboxing or wu shu sanda.
Thank you

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
will i be able to beat a pro fighter let`s say 5-6 years experienced martial artist or a person who is a "wise guy" and collects debt and has done 7-8-10 years of kickboxing or wu shu sanda

If anyone gives you a "yes" or "no" to that, then honestly they're talking crap.

Being 'pro' just means you get paid for it, doesn't mean you win, or are in fact any good.

It depends on the person, what their motivation is at the time and how they apply what they know. 'Pro' fighters have been taken down in pub fights by people with a stool and zero training...

The hypothetical 'wise guy' who routinely uses violence to accomplish his collections? Try kicking him in the balls and he might give you a bi-directional knee.

200 hours isn't much by the way...

There is nothing whatsoever that'll make you the unstoppable fighting machine your post makes it look like you want to be.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Who knows the teaching may be great but you may suck so no you won't beat anyone if you suck. Why do you want to beat a pro fighter? If you want to compete Krav Maga isn't about that its for self defence.

Just go and train

Reactions: pdg
OP
B

bogdy23

White Belt
Reaction score
It`s about beeing provoked it`s about standing up for myself becoming more of a man than whimp. I always find myself in conflict with these alpha males and i want to talk back and if it comes to something else put them down. The problem is that these guys are rarely alone when they are destroying someone pshycaly i can`t stand it anymore i need to fight back. I can`t handle beeing denigrated and humiliated

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah, I see now. The good old "MAN" reason.

Firstly, you're backing down and going home. Well done - you've passed the self defence test. You got to go home. You got to see your family again.

Personally, I'd rather back down, go home, see my wife and kids and get up the next morning instead of trying to "be a man" and ending up in a police cell / hospital bed / morgue fridge...

Not saying I couldn't beat them down, but I'm not in any way saying I could either - and there's the gamble.

200 hours of KM is not going to take someone with 37 years of not fighting and turn them into someone who can beat down 5 guys who've been fighting every day for years - this isn't the movies, you're not "pretty woman, fight edition".

Best first step I can think of is to evaluate why you're getting in these situations in the first place...

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
It`s about beeing provoked it`s about standing up for myself becoming more of a man than whimp. I always find myself in conflict with these alpha males and i want to talk back and if it comes to something else put them down. The problem is that these guys are rarely alone when they are destroying someone pshycaly i can`t stand it anymore i need to fight back. I can`t handle beeing denigrated and humiliated
Walking away doesn't make you a wimp it makes you smart maybe ask /why/ you're always in conflict with these people and see if you can avoid it. No you don't need to fight back you just need to stay away. In my opinion walking away is what makes you a man and frankly it doesn't matter what you train no one can beat 5 or 6 people on their own no matter how good you are.

Also seriously you're 37 years old...you really shouldn't be getting in these types of situation anymore

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

It is not unusual for people who are bulkied to take up martial arts.
Robert Whittaker's family inspires historic UFC title win

Category: | The Courier Mail

I find it helps dealing with the toxicity of dealing with negitivity in life.

And no you probably won't take either of those two guys with 200 hrs of krav.

Sorry.

OP
B

bogdy23

White Belt
Reaction score
Look i`m not gonna go into too much detail because it`s too embarasing i`m not going into these situations i`m a polite person and i`m not married it`s hard to get a girlfriend and i`m not getting intentionally into this **** i don`t want to give out details about myself the situation is as is. I need to fix it with fighting thats it beeing peacefull just won`t work IM NOT MARRIED but i want to be how am i gonna ever be if i`m always put down do you have a suggestion for that than i`ll leave krav maga alone and no ugly women won`t work for me

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I need to fix it with fighting

It's extremely rare that fighting actually fixes anything, especially an ongoing situation that you keep putting yourself into.

So you learn a bit, 'beat' one guy.

Next week, he comes back with 5 mates - you die.

Well, I suppose that's fixed in a way...

IM NOT MARRIED but i want to be how am i gonna ever be if i`m always put down do you have a suggestion for that.......ugly women won`t work for me

Are you sure you didn't mistype your age? Your posts are like that of a 14 year old.

So I'm married, I didn't get in any fights beforehand - are you saying my wife is ugly because I didn't attract her with 'manly' fighting?

ffs man, grow up.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, tbe problem isn't bullies and it isn't whether you know to fight or not. The problem is in the mirror. And it's not how handsome you are outside.

You might, emphasis might gain confidence from martial arts. The reality is you're probably going to lose. Even if you win the fight. Because everyone's going to look at you as a hot head, or as a bully yourself.

You need to understand and deal with the deeper issues that are making you so vulnerable to social conflict.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hello,

Is krav maga a martial art or a modular military system?a lot of fake masters out there.
I want to learn from Rony Kluger i think he is very ok but the teaches modular activites.
My main concern is after 200 hours of practice of krav maga and having learned the system will i be able to beat a pro fighter let`s say 5-6 years experienced martial artist or a person who is a "wise guy" and collects debt and has done 7-8-10 years of kickboxing or wu shu sanda.
Thank you
A wise guy with 10 years kickboxing experience? Y'all need to start associating with a better class of people. A large part of self defense is self preservation, the three "stupids" come to mind. Don't do stupid things with stupid people in stupid places.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Look i`m not gonna go into too much detail because it`s too embarasing i`m not going into these situations i`m a polite person and i`m not married it`s hard to get a girlfriend and i`m not getting intentionally into this **** i don`t want to give out details about myself the situation is as is. I need to fix it with fighting thats it beeing peacefull just won`t work IM NOT MARRIED but i want to be how am i gonna ever be if i`m always put down do you have a suggestion for that than i`ll leave krav maga alone and no ugly women won`t work for me
So what if you're married or not what's that got to do with anything? You don't have to go into anything but saying you need to fix it with fighting is WRONG. All that will do is put you in prison. Women don't give a damm about fighting it doesn't attract them at all..okay maybe some but that's not real love...most women I know find guys at 37 years old getting into fights as a turn off and wow...no ugly women....are you serious....

Look I don't think you need a Krav Maga teacher I think you need a therapist. I don't mean that to sound horrible I genuinely think you'd do better talking to a professional. There's no shame in it. I've suffered with issues over the years which I've openly discussed on here and honestly talking to people helps. You've obviously got some insecurities and some personal issues martial arts can help but it won't take any of those issues away. You want to fight you won't be some tough hero attracting women you'll be a thug fighting and getting arrested.

I genuinely hope you get the help you need brother and if you do choose to do Krav Maga I hope it's for the right reasons.

Peace

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I hope you don't take offence to my comments I am not trying to put you down or insult you. I've struggled with mental illness, addiction and anxiety and stress for a long time. I understand how hard it can be. But you say you're a peaceful person well good that's a good thing to be, don't change who you are for anyone.

OP
B

bogdy23

White Belt
Reaction score
NO PDG no insult about your wife was made and you know it. I`m not 14 yeah maybe i`m imature in some way. And yes i have talked to a therapist it`s said im fine. I need to find a way to impose respect. Martial arts could give me the confidence and courage i need. But i need to know is krav maga enough. I like martial arts when i get stepped on i need to fight back that`s it. I`ve never thrown the first punch i just want to throw the last. And yes him coming with 5 mates is totaly possible but my health and all the pain i feel from not fighting back is greater. I need to fight back the therapsit said about stress you either run or you fight i`ve runned all my life it makes me misearble i need to start to learn how to fight

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
NO PDG no insult about your wife was made and you know it.

It's all about confrontation with you isn't it?

My comment was supposed to be tongue in cheek - I'm surmising you took it as "u dissin my bird, bruh? I smack u"...

I need to find a way to impose respect

You never impose respect. You earn respect.

The absolute most you can hope to impose is fear - and that's likely to 'impose' people to think "here comes that bloody idiot again".

Try to impose fear though and you'll always get someone bigger (or smaller actually) want to put you down - that much will never change.

But i need to know is krav maga enough. I like martial arts when i get stepped on i need to fight back that`s it. I`ve never thrown the first punch i just want to throw the last.

No, it's not enough. Nothing is enough.

There is no system or art on the planet that will guarantee the last punch.

I need to fight back the therapsit said about stress you either run or you fight

If that's what you got from therapy then there are honestly two explanations:

The therapist tried to explain the "fight or flight" response and you misinterpreted.

Or

The therapist is a damn fool.

OP
B

bogdy23

White Belt
Reaction score
I need to be prepared in case the verbal confrunation escalates.Wich it usually does because no one likes the nerdy guy who has something to say back. People expect me to be fearfull and i`m tiered of living in fear i want to be me not a scared guy

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I need to be prepared in case the verbal confrunation escalates.Wich it usually does because no one likes the nerdy guy who has something to say back. People expect me to be fearfull and i`m tiered of living in fear i want to be me not a scared guy
It takes 2 to fight. Walk away don't argue and since you're adults not kids if its to serious call the police

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
NO PDG no insult about your wife was made and you know it. I`m not 14 yeah maybe i`m imature in some way. And yes i have talked to a therapist it`s said im fine. I need to find a way to impose respect. Martial arts could give me the confidence and courage i need. But i need to know is krav maga enough. I like martial arts when i get stepped on i need to fight back that`s it. I`ve never thrown the first punch i just want to throw the last. And yes him coming with 5 mates is totaly possible but my health and all the pain i feel from not fighting back is greater. I need to fight back the therapsit said about stress you either run or you fight i`ve runned all my life it makes me misearble i need to start to learn how to fight
Confidence yes but that's not what you're talkinh about here and no Krav Maga isn't enough, Krav Maga will teach you skills and techniques and fitness and sure you could beat up a few guys but then what? You'll still have all the issues you have you beat one man up, 2 come back, you beat up 2, 3 come back. Violence doesn't end violence it extends it. You'll still have your issues.fighting doesn't impose respect apart from from teenagers no one cares who you can beat up or how tough you are.no one cares how much martial arts you know it's a hobby to people.

Hey maybe martial arts can help you and I truly hope it does believe me but getting into fights won't help and it'll just lose people's respect

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
i want to be me

That statement is entirely at odds with everything else you've written.

You want to change you - you want to be the thug that nobody picks on, you want to be the guy that can beat up the whole bar and take pick of the women.

I can say with 99% certainty - that ain't gonna happen.

Here's a suggestion or two - stop lusting after strippers. Stop cry-wanking yourself to sleep because you can't beat up that kickboxing biker and steal his girl. Change your situation, go different places and meet different people.

Chances are that if you get real you might just turn out to be a nice guy that decent people like.

That isn't a reason not to do any martial arts - just that you've misinterpreted the word 'confidence' that you might gain from it.

Or, carry on down the same path, whatever.