Krav Maga Center in Palo Alto

juzam

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just checking to see if anyone here has been to the KM Training Center in Palo Alto, CA. Here's more info:

California Karate Academy
4000 Middlefield Rd.
Palo Alto, CA 94303

Me and some friend will probably meet up there for some more info next week but just checking if anyone had a heads up for me.

Thanks,
Steve

Old Fat Kenpoka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have not attended the Krav Maga school you mentioned. However, I did attend 4 years of high-school at that location. It is in the old Cubberley High School campus. Several other martial arts clubs use or have used the gym there including a Seido (Kyokushinkai offshoot) club. I believe there is also ballroom dancing on the campus--that could provide an excellent cross-training opportunity.

OP
J

juzam

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Do you know if there is any gym facility with free weights or machines there also?

I'm looking for a studio that has both KM instruction along with a work out facility on off days.

OP
J

juzam

White Belt
Reaction score
hey guys,

so i just went to an intro class in palo alto and here's what i saw/experienced:

-younger instructor (about 20) had us do about 15 min of cardio warmup and then 45 min in striking technique and 1 scenario (front choke)
-the striking was pretty basica and standard boxing punches and combinations with some hand bag drills
-we didnt get a lot of time working with the scenario but afterward i was told that the class was supposed to be really introductory since nobody there was really experienced.

all in all i thought it was interesting. not as intense as i thought but i was sweating alot after. i guess its better to learn the basics to start out right than to jump into something you know nothing about.

let me know if that class is representative of what you guys have experienced or if i should be looking for specific things.

thanks

Old Fat Kenpoka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Do you know if there is any gym facility with free weights or machines there also?

I'm looking for a studio that has both KM instruction along with a work out facility on off days.

Sorry, I have not been inside in a long time. I can tell you all the places on campus where people used to smoke without getting busted...

Latest Discussions