KONNICHIWA! I'm new! Please say "hi"

TomoeTamara

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Konnichiwa Everyone!

My Name is Tamara, and this is my first time on Martial Talk!
(very cool place BTW)
I have been in the martial arts for 25 yrs (a pretty big chunk of my STILL YOUTHFUL 35 yr old self!) :lol:

My major experience and expertise lies within Okinawan Karate Do and Kobudo (Isshinryu)
and currently I am deeply interested (some would say obsessed) with Japanese Iaido (MJER) :samurai: :ninja: :duel:

I am looking forward to meeting a bunch of new friends in ALL styles of the arts! I am a person who hates political agendas and biases.
I know we all can be a bit biased to our own arts...but I love keeping an open mind and am always striving to learn new things and see new perspectives. (ALWAYS keep the beginner's mind)

I will be open to any and all where friendship is concered and those who feel the same need only contact me.
If my knowledge can be of help to anyone....I share it freely.
I am an open book!!

So that's my intro!! Please drop a line and say HI!!!
DOMO ARIGATO!! :asian: :highfive: :cheers:

:partyon:

PS--I am SO gonna have fun with these smiles!! hehehehe

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hajimemashite, Tamara. Very happy indeed to see a fellow sword-slinger through the doors ... particularly one who practises the same ryu as myself :D.

OP
TomoeTamara

TomoeTamara

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thank you Arnisador for the kind welcome (and to everyone else who dropped by)
Took Isshinryu when you were younger? How far did you progress in the art?

OP
TomoeTamara

TomoeTamara

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
To JBrainard : I am a HUGE Thich Nhat Hahn Fan. I spent 5 months in Vietnam (Danang) (for college) and saw the buddhist temple he came from. I have MANY of his books! He's so enlightening and sweet.

To Sukerkin : Hajimemashite, back at you Sir! Thanks for the welcome. YES! MJER is my current love affair. Been wanting to take up sword arts all of my life. Finally got involved 2 yrs ago. (best choice of my life)
Looking forward to informative chats with you and the other helpful members here! (we "swordslingers" have to stick together-hehehe)

DOMO!!

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Tamaro, I know you will enjoy the site very much.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MT... enjoy your stay and happy posting. Be sure to use our fine fine Search Engine for topics that may have already been covered... at over 1/2 million posts...it's very likely.
:uhyeah:

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Batavia? You wouldn’t happen to practice with the boys over in Rochester would you?

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I used to study Isshin-ryu in Buffalo, with an instructor who had been a student alongside Bill Adams under George Insley. I considered going to RIT just because I knew they had Isshin there, but ended up at Syracuse instead (where I roomed with a guy from Batavia).

Aikicomp

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hi Tamara and welcome to MT. I am also a fellow sword slinger (there are a few here) and have been studying MSR Iaido for 5 years. I was always interested in Iaido and am glad to have found a style that I love.

Michael

OP
TomoeTamara

TomoeTamara

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Batavia? You wouldn’t happen to practice with the boys over in Rochester would you?

Hi Ken,

WOW! I am getting close to uncovering people I know!! Kinda Creepy!!!
Yes-I do know Clint- but don't train with him.
(He is very nice and a cool guy!) I noticed your profile said Guelph. I just went up to Brock university last month and had a seminar with UNCA KIM! I love him....he is so cool!!
I DO train (sword) in Rochester, but with another Sensei.

If you are from Guelph...I will definitely see you in MAY!
I want to meet Ohmi Sensei!!! :asian: :asian: :asian:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT.....