Knife Fighting Event in Chicago 8/26-27

Bravissimo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Excuse me whilst I engage in some shameless promotion.

(The dates on the jpg below are incorrect, its august 26-27th)

There is a 2 day knife event just outside of chicago, if anyone's interested, send me a message or call the number on the pic below.

Or visit www.defensive-arts.org and you can get some information there (under the news section).

flyer.jpg

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Do you have more info. on the people in the list of instructors at that web site? There are many names I didn't recognize.

OP
B

Bravissimo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I can give you information on a few of them:

Fernan Vargas (who put the event together) is a defensive tactics and knife defense instructor for police departments across the country.

Joe Truncale is another defensive tactics instructor (as well as a jujitsu instructor). He actually wrote the manuals for the use of the Monadnock PR-24 police baton some years ago.

Robert Redfeather is the creator is the Apache Knife Combat systems (www.apacheknife.com)

Dennis Wright is a 4th degree black belt in Kenpo (primarily a LaTourrette kenpoist), and a modern arnis instructor.

Jon Bednarski is a silat instructor who is teaching the kerambit and kukari (I don't know anything about him really).

You can call the number and talk to Fernan and he'll be happy to give you any information you want about the instructors and answer any questions about the topics if you like.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bravissimo said:
Joe Truncale is another defensive tactics instructor (as well as a jujitsu instructor). He actually wrote the manuals for the use of the Monadnock PR-24 police baton some years ago

That's where I know his name from..I've been a PR-24 Instructor for years and have ALL the manuals..Sounds like its going to be a great time...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aaarrrgggg...All these GREAT seminars and me outta money...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah..Just returned from one in Chi-Town (Wakegan)..The only bad part was the HEAVY TRAFFIC...It took almost 8 hrs to get there from Ohi, normally it's 5..

OP
B

Bravissimo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Sorry folks, I'm an idiot. It actually is on the 19th-20th. Sorry for anyone this causes confusion for. :(

Latest Discussions