Kitchen Knives

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What all is in your knife drawer? I'd say the best quality knives out there are easily kitchen knifes.

Here's mine:

10" Wustof Classic Chef's
10" Global Chef's (the sharpest knife I've ever had)
8" IVO Chef's
6" Wustof flexible boning
3 1/2" Henkels paring
No name bread knife.

For lots of great info on kitchen cutlery, and great prices, try www.knifemerchant.com. Even if you find better prices, the info there will be a big help to you. Has a bunch of other kitchen stuff as well.

Jeff

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to say I have some nice kitchen knives but alas they are all of the cheaper variety!
icon9.gif
Maybe one day if I ever become a chef then we will get some better ones.
icon7.gif

OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Check out that sight. He does carry some more affordable lines. To be honest, I was in the same boat till I used my GI Bill to take a semester at the local culinary school.

Jeff

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hear ya Brian..nothing fancy here to be honest. Actually I have been thinking I need new kitchen knives..think I will check that link out. :)

OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Can't stress enough the importance of good knives in cooking. After getting good quality food, it's the next most important things. Keep em sharp and cut evenly with them.

Jeff

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Can't stress enough the importance of good knives in cooking. After getting good quality food, it's the next most important things. Keep em sharp and cut evenly with them.

Jeff

Especially for preparing sushi. :)

OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes!

I pretty much limit myself to California rolls, but if you don't have a good sharp knive, there goes the nori.

Jeff

Mustafa

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I dont have chicked knifes and certainly not the name of them.

I got rid of many, what i have left is 3 Blazing arrows (one middle, and two small). And .... "eagly eye" or something. They look cool, but thy are like ****.
I may consider buying new ones as long as the shop is sill open and i have some money to afford the price.

OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I dont have chicked knifes and certainly not the name of them.

I got rid of many, what i have left is 3 Blazing arrows (one middle, and two small). And .... "eagly eye" or something. They look cool, but thy are like ****.
I may consider buying new ones as long as the shop is sill open and i have some money to afford the price.
I think we are talking about different things here Mustafa. This thread is about kitchen cutlery, not throwing knives.

Jeff

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wild mix of knives in my drawer. From cheap Revere Ware knives to no-name to a couple of nice ones I couldn't tell you the name to save my life right now. One of my favorites is designed as a big fillet knife, but I use it for everything. It is a Cold Steel knife and keeps a razor edge for a long time.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I hear ya Brian..nothing fancy here to be honest. Actually I have been thinking I need new kitchen knives..think I will check that link out. :)

If you really know how to and really LOVE to cook... nothing beats a good set of kitchen knives.

They're also great for home defense too :uhyeah:

OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LOL! I have some friends that actually have Ginsu knives. What pieces of crap.

Latest Discussions