Kicking Paddles

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Which double sided kicking paddles do you swear by? We work paddles like crazy at our dojang and are going through a sizeable number every month. Many fail by the stem. Please exclude Adidas. I like Vision Deluxe 11, but the company has discontinued that line, so I'm looking for alternatives that are light, durable and expecially have a strong stem. I like using paddles as highly mobile targets and hitting tools, with which I can train students to kick, punch, block and evade. Please exclude Adidas.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well we are all in the same boat. We go through paddles like crazy. Most of what we have right now are all broken. But don't be discouraged, as most dojangs are facing the same plight.

I will let you know what are next batch of paddles are. You will most likely already have a brand picked by then though.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have you tried the leather ones at Sangmoosa.com? They might last a bit longer.

OP
A

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score

How are their stem's? This seem to be the problem with many paddles I've used. The kicking part remains intact, but it becomes almost impossible to hold the equipment for any good kicking, especially for bread and butter roundhouses.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How are their stem's? This seem to be the problem with many paddles I've used. The kicking part remains intact, but it becomes almost impossible to hold the equipment for any good kicking, especially for bread and butter roundhouses.

Honestly, I don't know that the stems are any different than what you've used to date. Sorry.

spinny

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The stems don't give out so quickly if you hold them higher, like at the base of the paddle part. I think it also gives you a more solid grip.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score

I've had some leather ones from SMS for several years. They are MUCH better than the vinyl ones. But they are a little more expensive too.

I had a leather Kwon paddle which was nice until it went missing....

OP
A

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
The stems don't give out so quickly if you hold them higher, like at the base of the paddle part. I think it also gives you a more solid grip.

I hold the paddles pretty close to the base, but I also like some room to move my hand and protect it, not just from a direct hit, but from the shock of good kicks.

OP
A

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I've had some leather ones from SMS for several years. They are MUCH better than the vinyl ones. But they are a little more expensive too.

I had a leather Kwon paddle which was nice until it went missing....

Mmm! Two recommendations for SMS? I think I'll try them. I can get wholesale rates from SMS and Kwon, so it should not be too bad.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
a few years back, I had some tekno Q21 ones.... I always liked thier equipment...

but seems they went belly up.... figures.....

got the cheapy Pro Force ones... good enough for now and cheap...

"throw it in the gutter.... and go buy a notta!!!"""

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
a few years back, I had some tekno Q21 ones.... I always liked thier equipment...

but seems they went belly up.... figures.....

got the cheapy Pro Force ones... good enough for now and cheap...

"throw it in the gutter.... and go buy a notta!!!"""

I spoke to the owner of Tekno about 18 months ago trying to buy some gear from him. He told me how folks that worked for him did him wrong & how it would take a long time (months) to get my very small order. I finally told him, "so, what you're telling me is...you're out of business." He couldn't really argue with me. Sad. They had some good products.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I spoke to the owner of Tekno about 18 months ago trying to buy some gear from him. He told me how folks that worked for him did him wrong & how it would take a long time (months) to get my very small order. I finally told him, "so, what you're telling me is...you're out of business." He couldn't really argue with me. Sad. They had some good products.

funny... or ironic....

they teamed up with juan moreno for that crappy J3 junk.... then went out of business......

at least the uniform was nice.

Latest Discussions