KHF information

W

whalen

2004 Master's Course Seminar & Dan Test in USA

The KHF will have the event of the Master's Seminar and Dan test from June 24th to 27th in USA.

KHF President and Directors of the Special Committees of the Federation will be present at the event.

All participants for the master's course with a minimum rank of 3rd Degree will be entitle to receive Master's Certificate after completion of seminar and testing to 4th Dan.

Other ranks lower than 4th Dan will receive a certificate of participation with their new Dan rank certificates.

There will be a Meeting of Masters, and KHF officials after the seminar.

The seminar will cover all of the requirements for Dan grade with the Korea Hapkido Federation.

Education Materials will be provided.

For more information, please contact the below;

Director & Master Harold L. Whalen
(Tel.) 781-337-1700 (dojang)
781-308-6722 (mobile)

ITIR Team & Master Fabian Duque
(Tel.) 1-352-687-8600(dojang)

Director & Master Sung Book Bae

glad2bhere

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Dear Hal:

Just as a help to those of us on a tight budget, would you post the costs of the seminar and the cost of the testing? Thanks.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

OP
S

shadow warrior

Details PLease?

Please post ALL costs associated with the seminar and Dan testing. This would be of great help to any who are thinking of coming down.

Keith Stewart
East West Hapkido

glad2bhere

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Dear Keith:

I hope that additional info will be published here. However, there is also a dialogue on the KHF website and on the DOJANG DIGEST Net which are speaking to this same event. Hopefully, people will keep an eye open and share what might be found on one Net on other sources as well. Right now I can reliably report that the cost of the Seminar is $300US for the four days. I haven't yet found out if that includes the test fee, or what the test fee is if it is additional. More to come.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

OP
W

whalen

glad2bhere said:
Dear Keith:

I hope that additional info will be published here. However, there is also a dialogue on the KHF website and on the DOJANG DIGEST Net which are speaking to this same event. Hopefully, people will keep an eye open and share what might be found on one Net on other sources as well. Right now I can reliably report that the cost of the Seminar is $300US for the four days. I haven't yet found out if that includes the test fee, or what the test fee is if it is additional. More to come.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

The Korea Hapkido Federation will hold a Master's Seminar and Dan Test from June 24th to 27th in Ocala, Florida. The event will be hosted by Master Fabian Duque, a member of the KHF IT Team.

KHF President Oh, Se-lim and Directors of the Special Committees of the Federation will be present at the event. The following masters will be present and will assist in teaching the seminar:

Kim, Nam-je, KHF 8th dan
So, Myung-il, KHF 8th dan
Lee, Chang-soo, KHF 8th dan
Bae, Sung-book, KHF 7th dan
Harold Whalen, KHF 7th dan
Holcombe Thomas, KHF 7th dan

All participants for the master's course with a minimum rank of 3rd degree will be entitled to receive a Master's Certificate after completing the seminar and a testing successfully passing a 4th dan test.

The seminar will cover all of the requirements for dan ranking as required by the Korea Hapkido Federation, and education materials will be provided.

Other ranks lower than 4th Dan will receive a certificate of participation with their new Dan rank certificates.

There will also be a meeting for masters and KHF officials after the seminar.

The seminar will be held at:
Hapkido Korea International
9353 Maricamp Rd.
Ocala, FL 34472
USA

The cost of the seminar is:
$300 (American) for individuals pre-registered before May 21
$350 (American) for door registration

Please contact the following individuals for more information:

Director & Master Harold L. Whalen
(Tel.) 781-337-1700 (dojang)
781-308-6722 (mobile)

IT Team & Master Fabian Duque
(Tel.) 1-352-687-8600(dojang)

******* 1-352-454-1291 ( Mobil )

Director & Master Sung Book Bae
(Tel.)82-2-3437-3530

or email [email protected]r

or visit www.hapkidokoreainternational.com

SEMINARIO DE MAESTROS Y EXAMEN DE DAN EN LOS ESTADOS UNIDOS

La Korea Hapkido Federation realizara el Seminario de Maestros y Examen de Dan, del 24 al 27 de Junio del 2004,*en Ocala - Florida. El evento es Organizado por el maestro Fabian Duque. Miembro del comite tecnico de la KHF.

El Presidente de la KHF, GM OH, SE LIM,* y los directores del comite especial de la Federacion estaran presentes en el evento.* Los siguientes maestros estaran presentes y asistiran en la ensenanza del seminario.

KIM, NAN - JE* KHF* 8th DAN

SO, MYUNG - IL KHF* 8th DAN

LEE, CHONG - SOO* KHF 8th DAN

BAE, SUNG - BOOK* KHF*7th DAN

HAROLD WHALEN* KHF 7th DAN

HOLCOMBE THOMAS* KHF 7th DAN

Todos los participantes con un grado minimo de 3rd Dan,* podran recibir el Certifcado de maestro despues de completar el curso y pasar el examen de 4th DAN.

El seminario cubrira todos los requisitos tecnicos para los grados de DAN de la Korea Hapido Federation. Se proveera el material Educativo.

Otros rangos por debajo del 4th DAN recibiran el certficado de participacion con sus* nuevos y correspondientes grados de DAN.

Tambien habra una reunion de los maestros con los oficiales de la KHF, despues del seminario.

El seminario se realizara en:

HAPKIDO KOREA INTERNATIONAL

9353* MARICAMP RD

OCALA, FL, 34472

USA.

El costo del seminario es:

$ 300 USA Dolares, para las personas que se registren antes del 21 de Mayo

$ 350 USA Dolares, para la personas que se registren despues de esta fecha o en la puerta.

Para mas informacion por favor contacte las siguientes personas:

In English:* Director and Master Harold* L Whalen

*****************( Tel ): 781 - 337 - 1700 ( dojang )

************************ ** 781 - 308 - 6722*( Mobil )

***************** Comite Tecnico ( IT TEAM ) Maestro Fabian Duque

*********************************************** ( Tel )**1- 352 - 687-8600 ( Dojang )

**********************************************************1- 352- 454 - 1291 ( Mobil )

***************** Director and Master Sung, Book Bae

***************************************(*Tel )* 82 - 2 -3437 - 3530

* :partyon:

OP
D

Disco

As was stated prior by glad2bhere, there is a thread on this subject on the KHF site. What is being discussed is the use of the term "seminar" and what is actually going to take place. This meeting is for 4 days, with the 4th days set aside for nothing but testing of KHF members. The other 3 days will consist of mat time with the people preparing to test. The only things that will be covered is the KHF curriculum. It will be a review of sorts. Nothing wrong with that unto itself, except that non-member people will be in attendance and if they are like me, they will be exspecting an exchange of information/ideas and technical evaluations and possible modifications. At a normal seminar, at least from my perspective, that's what takes place. This will not happen here, it can't. It would not be fair to the people testing to interject anything other than what they allready know and are familiar with.

Now if one should care to join the new KHF, then this would be a great introduction to what they have and it would assist them in restrengthing the organization after all that has transpired. I have nothing but respect for Master Whalen and Master Duque. They have stepped forward at a time of need and are doing major rebuilding. This is for all those people that think a seminar is along the lines that I have stated. By posting this, I am actually trying to do a service to both parties. I would hate to see people attend and then start a new battle because they feel they may have been mislead and wasted their money.

Respectfully
Mike Dunn :asian:

glad2bhere

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Dear Mike:

I think you make a good distinction. The focus of this seminar is very narrow when compared with what a lot of folks do in the general population. From what was communicated to me, the first three days are essentially training in material as organized and executed according to KHF curriculum and standards. The last day is for testing, for those who want to take a swing at being tested under KHF auspices. As it stands for me, I intend to use the seminar a few different ways. One is as a goad to give me something to work towards. As a teacher, I don't always get a chance to have a non-competitive event to work towards, though the Internationale in Jackson going on this weekend has served me well in this capacity in the past. Another use is to get a familiarity with the KHF curriculum which bears many resemblances to the WHF and SIN MU Hapkido curriculums. Finally, it is doubtful that GM Myung will be able to test me for 4th dan any time soon. With his steadily declining health there is ever chance I may not get a chance to take this test at all. Hope I'm wrong. However, the experience of being tested by highly-experienced Hapkido teachers (whether I pass or not) can only be good experience against the time I must stand in front of GM Myung and do my thing.

Gotta feeling that the next couple of months are going to be pretty busy. I may even take a road trip to see Hal and let him give my stuff the once-over. Hey! Maybe we can organize a kind of pre-test of sorts. Whatcha think?

Best Wishes,

Bruce

OP
D

Disco

Bruce, that could be something good. Hope you get the chance to get 4th thru your Instructor, I know it would mean a lot to you, but if that's not a possibility then gearing for the KHF is a good idea. I wish you good luck in your endeavors.

I had intended to go to the Mississippi seminar, but was unable to clear the time. It would be nice for the opportunity for people to get together for an open session before the KHF get-together.

Mike

OP
W

whalen

The new U.S website for the khf has been launched Koreahapkiodfederation.net.

This website will list KHF Dojangs and keep people updated on the latest Happenings within the KHF both here and in korea it also has a pictures gallery of instructors of the KHF.

Hal

OP
D

dosandojang

Thanks to Masters Whalen, Lim and Clay!!!!

OP
W

whalen

Fellow Hapkido-in,

I apologize for not sending this letter out sooner but given all of the problems that were caused by a certain individual within the Hapkido community -- which has done more to damage the image and the reputation of Hapkido and that of the KHF than anything in recent memory -- I have been spending most of my time defending rather than promoting the KHF. Enough said about the past -- it is time for us as leaders, masters, and instructors to move forward with our heads held high and with pride that other organizations will salute and Hapkido-in around the world will admire.

It is time for the KHF, and all of us, to move forward by setting a standard by which we all teach Hapkido and live by. This is a group effort along with an individual dedication. It takes sacrifice on all of our parts, but the end result will be well worth our effort. We are ALL given a chance to be part of a movement that will be talked about world wide -- the unification of Hapkido not in words but by our actions.

The importance of the Hapkido kwan should not be over looked as it is our individual roots and our family history. But now it is not a kwan issue -- it is a federation issue. We, as members, have to do our part to support the efforts of the organization. If we want the federation to succeed, then we have put the federation first and foremost. I am not asking you to forget your roots, but, as they say, we have to stand united or individually We will Fail.

The Federation will be having a seminar in Florida this June as you all Know. I will be there, as will other senior Masters of the KHF. It is a chance for some of us to meet or rekindle old relationships we made through the years -- with no politics, just Hapkido. Remember the message we are trying to send to the world -- we of the KHF are doers, not talkers. I am looking forward for the chance to meet everyone.

When I was asked to be the U.S. Director for KHF, I had many questions about what was expected of me and what my role was to be. Those that know me know I will do everything I can to assist those that need help. My office and my Dojang are open to all of my Hapkido family. So let us all "walk the walk and not talk the talk." When I say the KHF is with us, I put my reputation on it .

HAPKI....

Harold L. Whalen
U.S. Director Korea Hapkido Federation
:partyon:

OP
W

whalen

With the June seminar rapidly approaching, I would like to invite all Hapkido-In, regardless of affiliation, to come to the Mudo Academy for a review and workout. I will cover as much material as time allows. This is not a seminar. Instead, think of it as a chance to get together, workout, exchange ideas, and sweat on the mat.

The dates are Sat. and Sun., May 1 and 2. There will be a $10 mat fee.

If you are interested, please email me at [email protected].

HAPKI

Harold Whalen
U.S. Director Korea Hapkido Federation :asian:

Kodanjaclay

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Master Whalen,

Will you be doing mini-seminars? Also, as the US HQ, what will be the policy for Hapkido-In to visit and train under the guidance of the American leadership?

Thanks,
Frank

OP
W

whalen

Kodanjaclay said:
Master Whalen,

Will you be doing mini-seminars? Also, as the US HQ, what will be the policy for Hapkido-In to visit and train under the guidance of the American leadership?

Thanks,
Frank

We do not have any seminars planned but there are some in the works. Also anyone that wishs we have a Dojang with an open door policy .

Hal :partyon:

OP
B

Black Belt FC

MASTER WHALEN,

On my way up for the workout, hope to meet other martial artist! See you then...........

ML

glad2bhere

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Just to reinterate:

There is a pre-test going on this weekend at Hals' school. I will be there as will a few other folks. The focus of the weekend is to have material reviewed and participants given an overview as to what to expect in Florida come June. Even if people do not want to test, but would like a peek at what KHF Hapkido is about maybe this is a time to meet the US Director and get some questions answered, yes? I know folks have made comments about the cost of the big show in June so this might be a nice light-weight alternative. FWIW.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

OP
B

Black Belt FC

This past Saturday I navigated and snaked my way up route 95 to Mudo Academy in Weymouth Ma, on my arriver I was warmly greeted by Master Hal Whalen (title rightfully earned) and Hapkido veteran members of his school.

Master Whalen’s vast generosity to share his school’s facilities was surpassed by his willingness to share his in-depth knowledge of Hapkido. Every one of his superior demonstrations was breath taking, exciting and was well worth the trek. He’s ability to switch from one technique to another is tangible proof of his ability as a Master technician.

The school with its well-padded tile floors is exactly what the doctor order but envy of any starving chiropractor. The ocean gentle floor even though gray calls out to the practitioner to springboard free-fall into its arms. The slap out applause was many within the several hours spent kicking, punching and falling.

I’m looking forward to another visit next year and hope to see new faces and make new acquaintances. THANKS MASTER WHALEN!!

Lugo

:asian:

OP
W

whalen

Thank you for your kind words .

I was happy to hear that we made you feel welcome. It was both honor and a privilege to share the mat with people whom care about Hapkido the way most of us Do ,

i am looking forward to visiting your dojang in the Future.

Hal Whalen :partyon:

OP
B

Black Belt FC

Correct posting the first was a rough draft that was copy and pasted by mistake....

This past Saturday, I navigated my way up route 95 to Mudo Academy in Weymouth MA. On my arrival, I was warmly greeted by Master Hal Whalen (title rightfully earned) and Hapkido-veteran members of his school.

Master Whalen's vast generosity to share his school's facilities was surpassed by his willingness to share his in-depth knowledge of Hapkido. His superior demonstrations were breathtaking and exciting, and made the trek worthwhile. He's ability to switch from one technique to another is tangible proof of his ability as a Master technician.

The school, with its well-padded tile floors, is exactly what the doctor ordered but the envy of any starving chiropractor. The gentle floor calls out to the practitioner to springboard free-fall into its arms. The slap out applause was frequent during the two days spent kicking, punching and falling.

I'm looking forward to another visit next year and hope to see new faces and make new acquaintances. THANKS MASTER WHALEN!!

Lugo

Latest Discussions