Kenpo - Which One?

Stillelman

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am new to MA, but I have been looking at various MA to incorporate myself into. Two of my favorite places/instructors are both Kenpo schools. They seem pretty comparable, and if I do decide to go with Kenpo, both seem like they would be a good choice.

However, here is my delima, I know very little about Kenpo or any other MA for that matter. I know what I read and what I have read on here. So I might be a step above the common nonMA person, but not near as much as most of you.

My question is, what I should be looking for in a true Kenpo school? What things set it apart? What things do you enjoy and look for in your Kenpo instruction? I know one is based of Larry Tatum practice, but not sure about the other one (have not talked to them as much).

Help is greatly appreciated.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
What do you want from your kenpo training? Some places will be more technical; others more of a kenpo version of ground-n-pound; still others will...well, you get the point.

Kenpo has a lot of strengths, but very few places will be able to focus on delivering all of them. A good way to help us help you would be to tell us what your needs are; what you wish to develop that you believe kenpo training will augment.

Regards,

Dave

Latest Discussions