Kenpo Kards

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Fellow Kenpoists,

I would like to highlight a very special project about to be released to the Kenpo Commmunity... Kenpo Kards by Mr. Ed Parker Jr.!

I hope you have the opportunity to visit the new website at- http://www.kenpokards.com

Good journey!

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer

Parker/ Planas
Lineage
http://www.parkerplanaslineage.com
United Parker's Kenpo, Inc.
5440 Centre Avenue
Second Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
(412) 621-KICK
http://www.unitedparkerskenpo.com

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So one deck has 15 random techniques and the other deck has 60? Is there a way to get the entire set instead of just buying a couple of decks and hoping to get all unique instead of some duplicates?

- Ceicei

M

Mark Weiser

I for one will be purchasing these items due to teaching young children and younger adults. Way to go Ed Parker Jr. !!

I bookmarked that webpage for future references.

Sincerely,
Mark Weiser

K

KenpoGirl

This is very exciting. I'm looking forward to the Poster versions coming out as well. What a great way to decorate your studio or training area.

Bravo to everyone involved.

Dot
:boing2:

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
These look amazing and appear to be a great learning tool! What a great way to reach the kids especially! A little pricey for the average kid though, but I could see a school owner going for the complete set. I agree posters would be fantastic!

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree that these could be very cool.

Ronin Moose

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ed Parker, Jr. addressed several posts/questions/concerns about this project on The Kenpo Net forum. I personally think he's a great guy and a real positive contribution to American Kenpo, and I'm looking forward to picking up a set of these Kards, and the poster as well. Thanks, Ed !

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have seen and handled the kards and they are exactly as advertised. The art work is in fantastic brilliant color, and definitely poster material. Imagine the work involved to create a poster for every Kenpo technique. Absolutely phenominal. The information and symbolism on the back of the Kards allow you to group them together in a variety of ways including by attack, direction, weapon, counters, etc. They even address initial foot positions with additional information on each technique.

I played "Kards" with my students by shuffling a deck, and drawing Kards randomly with students attacking and executing whatever came up with out thinking. Students who made a mistake or were the last to finish were eliminated until only one was left and declared the "winner." Sort of a "Kenpo Kards" version of musical chairs. The competition was fierce and a lot of fun.

The cost is nominal, I think about $10 a pack of random 15, (see website http://www.kenpokards.com for particulars), and definitely a good value.

You can't go wrong in my opinion.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Last weekend Ed Parker Jr. gave a seminar on these cards in Ogden, UT. Many people have posted that the cards would be useful for kids, I disagree, the cards are far more useful to adults.

The symbols on the back allow the American Kenpoists to group the cards (techniques) by: attack, direction, placement (outside/inside), and movement pattern. I suspect instructors should start asking tougher thesis questions once these cards come out, they make grouping by any particular theme a snap.

The product is very cool, I just wish I could use it (I'm not AK).

Lamont

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
:-offtopic You could play go (kenpo) fish

Insted of asking if you have and 10s you could say "do you have the" then do the technique. If the person can't name the technique then you get three of his (or her) cards. The possibilities are endless :erg: . can't wait to break out the cards at the next seminar.:lol:

Respectfully

kenposikh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Just a quick note to say that the Kenpo Kards are Now available from a UK distributor www.kenpostuff.co.uk. So anyone in Europe and the UK could go there I got mine delivered to me in a couple of days from ordering.

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My instructor just got a pack of the first 60 Kenpo Kards and they are totally awesome and the artwork is really amazing! The cards are high quality and sturdy. I can see many uses for them, especially for mentally reviewing your techniques like while sitting on a long plane ride. They are very very cool...

M

MisterMike

If there's one thing that can be said of Kenpo, it's that there will never be a shortage of ideas on innovative training methods.

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I ordered my Dek last week. I may post some thoughts on them when I get them.

Latest Discussions