Kenpo Kards

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Fellow Kenpoists,

I would like to highlight a very special project about to be released to the Kenpo Commmunity... Kenpo Kards by Mr. Ed Parker Jr.!

I hope you have the opportunity to visit the new website at- http://www.kenpokards.com

Good journey!

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer

Parker/ Planas
Lineage
http://www.parkerplanaslineage.com
United Parker's Kenpo, Inc.
5440 Centre Avenue
Second Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
(412) 621-KICK
http://www.unitedparkerskenpo.com

A

ArnoldLee

Fantastic!
I was talking to Edmund a couple of months ago and he explained some of his ideas of the Kards. What I appreciated most of his concept is that there is no hard and fast written description of the technique. There would be no "Well...that's not how we do it in our school, so these things are useless to us" comments. Instead I really like how he put the general principles so that no matter how the instructor does the technique, the Kards could be useful to that school.

And as usual, beautiful artwork. I look forward to seeing the success of his venture.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
ArnoldLee said:
Fantastic!

What I appreciated most of his concept is that there is no hard and fast written description of the technique.

There would be no "Well...that's not how we do it in our school, so these things are useless to us" comments.

Instead I really like how he put the general principles so that no matter how the instructor does the technique, the Kards could be useful to that school.

As usual, beautiful artwork. I look forward to seeing the success of his venture.
Yes, I agree, I have seen these for a year now and am excited that they are getting close to release.

I Also agree with your comment or observation on "hard fast descriptions".

Distinct versions (hard fast descriptions) apply only within any one particular organizations "standard version" of any given technique so as to create a Point Of Reference for the Beginning or new student to Kenpo. As most of us know, there are multitudes of versions that can and should be explored for a number of reasons. "Variable expansion" IS the what "if phase" and an extremely important portion of our Art to investigate and train so as to clearly understand the Sophisticated applications of any given technique.

:asian:

T

TIGER DRAGON FIGHT

i don't study EPAC, yet i study an off shoot of kempo. i checked out the website and really like the concept. the kids really get into it just because of the graphics and yet the adults will like it because its like collecting magic cards. showing the differant material you know and can use. how cool

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
They look really cool, but also rather expensive... :(

I think the BKKU are planning on re-selling them, I'll have to see how much they end up being.

Ian.

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
They look like "Magic" cards or "Yu GI Oh" cards. I'm sure kids will take to them like crazy. Maybe they can get "Wizards of the Coast" to base a battle card game around them LOL.

I like them, too bad I'm not in Americna Kenpo :)

Latest Discussions