Kendo Masks.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We were using them for knife sparring the other day. It's not the first time I've worn one for knife sparring, but I have to ask: Do you ever get used to looking through one of those things?!? My vision had bars all across it, it was hard to see down...it was disorienting! Plus, I wear glasses and that was a whole other problem!

E

Eddie Miller

After about 7 or 8 years I became use to wearing the "Men" and now I no longer see the bars. Someone (Hasagawa I beilve) is making a men that has no bars in the center. There is a peice of plastic in there instead. The kind that will deflect bullets. But, as I said, I no longer see the bars.

E

Eddie Miller

As I don't wear glasses I cannot directly answer this problem. I know of latterly dozens of Japanese Kenshi that wear glasses even under their Men. As to how, I have no idea. They don't seem to bother them though. My first suggestion would be go to another forum such as the one at Kendo World, and put up a post there as well. I am sure they have to be using a special frame. Other than that I would have to agree with arnisador
"Contacts"

Latest Discussions