Kata #2

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Bow, R/foot step out to a horse with sword hand overhead Xblock, 1/2 moon back R/foot, L/hand downward palm block/rising wrist block (blocking attackers kick/punch combo), 1/2 moon back with the L/foot and perform palm/wrist block other side. Rotate the guard (L/hand forward) and deliver a L/foot ball kick to the body, step down into a L/forward 1/2 moon.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bow, R/foot step out to a horse with sword hand overhead Xblock, 1/2 moon back R/foot, L/hand downward palm block/rising wrist block (blocking attackers kick/punch combo), 1/2 moon back with the L/foot and perform palm/wrist block other side. Rotate the guard (L/hand forward) and deliver a L/foot ball kick to the body, step down into a L/forward 1/2 moon.

Not quite sure what you're asking here. Are you looking to discuss the kata or for the remainder of it, as its not the full kata as you have written.

Mike

OP
Jdokan

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
starting the process...sorry should have elaborated...I though we could post and discuss each sequence and review the differences/similarities been practioners...

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
starting the process...sorry should have elaborated...I though we could post and discuss each sequence and review the differences/similarities been practioners...

What kind of kenpo do you do? This write-up doesn't sound like a Tracy or Parker style kenpo.

Lamont

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yes that is the opening of Kata #2 from the Pesare lineage of Kempo.

I originally learned the rising wrist block as a strike under the chin or to the solar plexus.

I'm curious about the next piece because I'm pretty sure our school has made some changes to these kata...

-D

OP
Jdokan

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
What kind of kenpo do you do? This write-up doesn't sound like a Tracy or Parker style kenpo.

Lamont
I'm an old Villari guy from the Peabody School. Cal Carozzi was my chief instructor, my privates were under Phil Montoni

OP
Jdokan

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score

I originally learned the rising wrist block as a strike under the chin or to the solar plexus.

I'm curious about the next piece because I'm pretty sure our school has made some changes to these kata...

-D
We were originally taught the wrists as strikes to the chin as well. Later it became the defensive posture prior to the kick.

My next psition was to turn CW into a R/foot forward cat stance on guard to the 6:00 position, then snap a R/blade kick the the opponent's throat at the 4:30, step down to the 1:30 R/foot 1/2 moon on guard. (Later the 1/2 moon's became more forward fighting stances)

bill007

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

-D
Hi David, if you want to see it on video you can go on the Masters Centers webpage, there's kata 1 and 2 perform by Master Bryant in the photo section, I don't want to post the link here because I don't know if they have a copyright on it.

Dominic

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
oh yeah, I remember seeing those now :)

and the changes I was thining of were in kata 1 anyway LOL

Latest Discussions