Karate Stamps.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The last issue of Dragon Times and first issue of Classical Fighting arts (see this thread) have articles on Karate postage stamps issued in Okinawa circa 1964. These were, according to the govt., showing 'Naihanchi, a form of KARATE' (one stamp) and 'Makiwara' (another stamp) for example.

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anyone else reading Classical Fighting Arts magazine? It's quality stuff, but can be hard to find.

Pacificshore

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I actually have a set of those stamps. Makes for a nice stamp collection. Tood bad I haven't seen any others.

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You have them? Neat!

Do you have any idea whether they've gained much value?

P

pknox

I read it any chance I get. The articles seem to be of a higher quality than some of the other mags out there. While they have expanded their focus a bit, they seem to spend most of their time on classical japanese/okinawan arts. It would be nice to see articles about other styles as well, especially if they're going to be written so well.

Pacificshore

Purple Belt
Reaction score
You know I've never thought much about it since I got it. Thanks for the reminder!

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Classical Fighting Arts #2 is on the stands now and has a follow-up article on Kumite stamps.

Latest Discussions