kajukenbo and krav maga

blp03

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I've heard that these are similar styles and I've trained in krav maga, but I was wondering if anyone could explain some of the differences and the similarities of these styles, and if possible which one is more effective. I don't want to start another style v. style thread. I just wanted to get more info on mainly kajukenbo and how it compares to krav. Thanks!

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard that these are similar styles and I've trained in krav maga, but I was wondering if anyone could explain some of the differences and the similarities of these styles, and if possible which one is more effective. I don't want to start another style v. style thread. I just wanted to get more info on mainly kajukenbo and how it compares to krav. Thanks!

IMHO, both styles are effective. OTOH, its not necessarily always the style, but the person thats doing it, that makes the most difference. Similarities will be that they will most likely have similar punches, kicks, blocks. However, application will probably vary. Krav Maga doesnt have forms/katas, whereas Kaju does. Techniques....what you see in Kaju will probably be more in depth and technical where KM tends to just be more direct and to the point.

Some examples:

Kaju:

[yt]SPFfX-cfijg[/yt]

Krav Maga:

[yt]FO7OfXp_cmY[/yt]

[YT]1-e5ULCJnno[/YT]

For the record, I think both systems are great! Of course like any art, its very important to do your homework.