Just2Seconds?

JPB

White Belt
Reaction score
I am not positive this is exactly where this post would go, but I believe if could fit in with any and all martial arts styles and General Self Defense.

Has anyone else read the book "Just2Seconds" from Gavin de Becker?

I just finished reading it and was hoping to talk about it with someone else.

I am ex-military and have practiced some martial arts and thought the book was a good educational tool for those who are military, law enforcement, security types with martial arts backgrounds.

Please let me know if you have read it, I would like to get your thoughts on it.

Thanks,
Joseph

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
What was it about ? Did you find it interesting ? I am always looking to expand my knowledge and would look into reading it if it is worthwhile.

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I have read Gift of Fear; excellent. Thanks for tipping me to Just2Seconds, I didn't even know it existed.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
No I have not read it.. but will look into doing so ...

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have read Gift of Fear; excellent. Thanks for tipping me to Just2Seconds, I didn't even know it existed.

Neither did I, but now that I do, I'll be adding it to my library. Thanks

Mike Hamer

Green Belt
Reaction score
I also have read The Gift of Fear, great book if I say so myself......like most here I havent heard of Just2Seconds either.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Reading the "the gift of fear" ....was a great book, with great information...

Just2seconds? ......We all should get his books! ... if this is another book written by Garvin de Becker

Great author! .....

2 seconds from ordering! ....Aloha

kwaichang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Back a bit, we had a demonstration of a guy with a knife and an armed officer. The perp was 20' away and was able to attack and "stab" the officer before he could draw, point and fire his weapon.
Lesson: if faced with more than one opponent, and one has a knife, pick him first or you become first.
1anijyu1.gif