Just starting out...

mattzer

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi,
I saw a systema video on youtube and became highly interested in learning this art. I live in a small town and only have one other person to help me train, which is also interested in learning. Im not really sure which place to start, or if there is even a correct place to start. Any help there would be appreciated.

Also we are not exactly well off financially so we cant go around buying the videos that are for sale. Does anyone have any online resources which would help us learn? thanks!

Thanks again, i hope i have some options.

mattzer

Jai

Black Belt
Reaction score
google search is your best friend when you are broke. You may find some very good material to help you start with, and maybe even someone close by that could point you in the right direction.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is going to be very hard to learn without someone teaching you. (if not impossible) I would advise finding a systema teacher within driving distance and training under them as often as you can so that you actually learn proberly!
icon6.gif

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is going to be very hard to learn without someone teaching you. (if not impossible) I would advise finding a systema teacher within driving distance and training under them as often as you can so that you actually learn proberly!
icon6.gif

Ya beat me to it Brian..I concure..

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I know diddly about Systema except for what I have seen in the internet, but from the looks of it, I really don't think this is an art that lends itself to distance learning.

I'm pretty skeptical of distance learning regardless of style, but with an art like Systema, I suspect its impossible. Unfortunately, if you can't afford videos, you probably can't afford to travel to seminars, or to take regular private lessons, so you wouldn't be able to get the quality control checks you need anyway.

Lamont