Just saw something amazing on TV...

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know, I know, this doesn't happen...

But I am watching the TV news and they had a film crew at the Memorial Day parade in Dearborn earlier today. Big parade, they had Adrian Cronauer as Grand Marshall. But the most amazing part? All the Muslims in traditional dress (including hijabs) standing on the street, waving US flags. They interviewed on guy, who said he has been at the Memorial Day parade every day since he moved here.

Imagine that. Patriotic, USA-loving Muslims. Including those who just refuse to assimilate.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/'good-morning'-for-dearborn's-memorial-day-parade

I know, I know, it's probably a put-up job. Probably a bunch of Democrats hired actors to pretend to be Muslims. Whatever.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If they taken the oath of citizenship when they immigrated into this country then they're Americans as far as I'm concerned. However, if they violate that oath then kick 'em out with no possible return.
Present oath (bold and red lettering my own).
I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.[1]
So they take this obligation (which means it's OWED to the country) without purpose of evasion (like a terrorist with their fingers crossed behind their back).
I presume by God it can mean Allah, Buddah, or whomever they choose to worship under the first amendment.

Also I wonder how long it'll be before THIS line is removed?? "that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law"

Either wayif it was a put up job to have traditonally dressed Muslims out there waving the flag (*ahem* can you say propaganda? ... I thought you could... :uhyeah: ), no surprise if it wasn't beamed over to other Muslim countries that are prone to anti-American sentiments. ... Like Pakistan for example...

Supporters of the Pakistani religious party Jamaat-e-Islami in Karachi on , on Friday, May 6, 2011, listen to their leaders during a rally to condemn the U.S. for violating Pakistan's sovereignty and killing al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden. (AP Photo/Shakil Adil)

Hmm... Go America Go! ... are they cheering us on?

Attachments

• $Anti American Pakistanis.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 117

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Once you jumped through all the hoops to get to the oath taking, you have shown enough initiative to be considered truthful in that regard!

:)

(lol back firing propaganda FTW!!)

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If they taken the oath of citizenship when they immigrated into this country then they're Americans as far as I'm concerned. However, if they violate that oath then kick 'em out with no possible return.
Present oath (bold and red lettering my own).
So they take this obligation (which means it's OWED to the country) without purpose of evasion (like a terrorist with their fingers crossed behind their back).
I presume by God it can mean Allah, Buddah, or whomever they choose to worship under the first amendment.

Also I wonder how long it'll be before THIS line is removed?? "that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law"

Either wayif it was a put up job to have traditonally dressed Muslims out there waving the flag (*ahem* can you say propaganda? ... I thought you could... :uhyeah: ), no surprise if it wasn't beamed over to other Muslim countries that are prone to anti-American sentiments. ... Like Pakistan for example...

Hmm... Go America Go! ... are they cheering us on?

Not sure what you're trying to say from this muddled response, but the gist of it seems to be that a) they had damned well better go wave US flags, because the law requires it (which explains the standing-room only crowds of native-born citizens - whoops, there weren't any) and b) it's just a matter of time before they turn their backs on America anyway and c) even if some Muslims are patriotic Americans, there are Muslims who hate us in other countries, so let's change the subject and pretend that didn't just happen here.

Did I read that right?

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they taken the oath of citizenship when they immigrated into this country then they're Americans as far as I'm concerned.

Y'do know it's Dearborn, we're talking about here-highest population of Arab-Americans in the U.S.-since 1913. Odds are good that many of those pictured are third or fourth generation Americans....

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Y'do know it's Dearborn, we're talking about here-highest population of Arab-Americans in the U.S.-since 1913. Odds are good that many of those pictured are third or fourth generation Americans....

True. I have also pointed out a time or two to 'Buy American' types who also have a problem with Islam that if they own a Ford, chances are pretty high it was built in the USA by Muslims. Hehehehe. I suspect a few of them set fire to their LTD's and Grenada's out of spite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dearborn,_Michigan#Demographics

The city's population includes 30,000 Arab Americans. It has the largest proportion of Arab Americans for a city of its size (about 100,000).[15] The first Arabs who immigrated here in the early-to-mid-20th century to work in the automotive industry were chiefly Lebanese Christians (Syriac-Maronites). Since then, Arab immigrants from Yemen, Iraq, and the Palestinian territories, most of whom are Muslim, have joined them. Lebanese Americans are still the most numerous group. The city is the location of the Islamic Center of America, the largest mosque in North America,[16] and the Dearborn Mosque.
In the 2000 census, Arab Americans comprised 30% of Dearborn's population; many have been in the city for generations. More Iraqi immigrants have been arriving as refugees from the continued war in their country since 2003. The majority of recent Arab immigrants are Muslims. In the first half of the 20th century, it was predominately Christian Arabs who immigrated to Metro Detroit. Lebanese descendants comprise the largest proportion of Arab Americans in Dearborn.[17] Over 60% of illegal immigrants deported from Dearborn, Michigan are citizens of Lebanon.[18]

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
Again you can make the same statement about Christians.

This has been brought to light to me by my athiest friends. There are always quick stereotypes of any sort of group.

Martial Artist are either painted as some sort of Karate Kid Reference.

Christians, believe dinosaurs fossils were put here by the devil to test there faith

Catholics- all priests are child predators

Muslims- They all hate us for our freedom.

and the list goes on and on...its really what the media sets each group up to be..these mainstream news channels run out of actual news so they start to report on opinions, and its usually the opinions of there demographic.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This has been brought to light to me by my athiest friends. There are always quick stereotypes of any sort of group.

Which is a quick (negative) stereotype in and of itself.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Again you can make the same statement about Christians.

We are not in disagreement. I am agreeing with you and trying to make a specific point.

Muslims- They all hate us for our freedom.

Right. My point is that they don't...and this is one of the many proofs of that.

However, here on MT Study (maybe not so much now that we're past June 1), there have been posts that say "Muslims are not all bad, but..." and then they do go on to explain just how bad they really all are. They castrate girls. They rape women. They hate America. They celebrated when the Twin Towers fell. They this, and they that. And all of that is true of a tiny subset, but none can be applied to the entire group. Yet even when the haters say they understand that not ALL Muslims are bad, they continue to rant and post articles that make it seem as if they are.

And the haters like to say thing like, "Well, if they are against terrorism, why don't they say so?" And of course, it is easy to find articles and photos and videos of exactly that, but the haters pretend you didn't post that; they don't want to see it. They want to continue to post "Why don't they say so?" As if that makes it true if they say it enough.

On another forum, I had a guy who insisted that no mosque in the USA had a US flag in front of it. I posted two photos of two mosques right here in Detroit that each had a US flag in front of it. I took the photos myself. He refused to respond to my posts until I started posting every single day, and then he told me I was a liar and probably photo-shopped the flags in. That's what I'm talking about.

So I saw this local parade, and here are some hard-core Muslims, in burkas and everything, and they're at a US Memorial Day parade and waving little US flags and of course the haters, you don't see them in this thread, because as far as they're concerned, it doesn't happen. I probably staged the whole thing. Because no Muslim would ever honor our nation that way, not even citizens. Oh, they'll admit that maybe one or two might, and again, not ALL Muslims are bad. But they only want to talk about the bad ones, and they post over and over and over again, both lies and truths and trumped-up semi-truths, so that they can 'prove' that yes, all Muslims are bad. As one person put it to me, not ALL Muslims are bad, but he doesn't trust a one of them and and never will.

Latest Discussions