Just created a new sandwich

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I just created a new sandwich, and it was very nice, give it a go, Marmite and bird eye chilli's.

OP
Gweilo

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
There are reports that capsicum, can kill certain bacteria, but spicy marmite is nice. And no I'm not pregnant.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seeing no martial application for the sandwich, I've moved the thread to the Locker Room Bar & Grill area.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Seeing no martial application for the sandwich, I've moved the thread to the Locker Room Bar & Grill area.
I don't know....Birds Eye pepper is quite martial!
I had a friend wanting to die after he ate a ghost pepper like a jalapeno....and that AFTER I told him it was very hot......

OP
Gweilo

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah its quite an art chilli eating, I once ate a ghost naga, or part of one anyway, it took about 15 - 20 mins for under my tongue to stop burning, much to the amusement of others in the room. The dance about the room was like a kata.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah its quite an art chilli eating, I once ate a ghost naga, or part of one anyway, it took about 15 - 20 mins for under my tongue to stop burning, much to the amusement of others in the room. The dance about the room was like a kata.
the picture of him hugging the trashcan for an afternoon was funny, but not that funny....

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know....Birds Eye pepper is quite martial!
I had a friend wanting to die after he ate a ghost pepper like a jalapeno....and that AFTER I told him it was very hot......
Some folks just have to learn by experience.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I hope you had at least 10 years experience with both marmite and bird eye chillis before you attempted to combine them...

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Glazed donut grilled cheese...if you havent tried it do....they are delicious.

Experiment with different cheeses.

The glazed donut is split with the glaze going on the inside with the cheese.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

A glazed donut grilled cheese? For real? I had a grilled cheese at work last night. I'm trying to picture this glazed donut angle.

And, which cheese, pray tell, do you prefer?

Last minute EDIT - Can you dunk these bad boys?

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Why do you want to ruin that perfectly good glazed donut?!?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I just can't get behind the concept of a glazed doughnut as anything like bread. I know some burger places have done that, too, and it just doesn't appeal even a little.

OP
Gweilo

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
my sandwich credentials are legendary at summer get togethers from chicken Thai green curry pesto to peanut butter and crispy fried hot onions (got to be straight out of the pan), steak and blue cheese fritters to southern fried mushrooms with garlic mayo, and a personal favourite of grilled pepperoni, jalapeños, and mozzarella. It's a good job I burn lots of calories.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my sandwich credentials are legendary at summer get togethers from chicken Thai green curry pesto to peanut butter and crispy fried hot onions (got to be straight out of the pan), steak and blue cheese fritters to southern fried mushrooms with garlic mayo, and a personal favourite of grilled pepperoni, jalapeños, and mozzarella. It's a good job I burn lots of calories.
It sounds like you do a lot of sandwich-hopping. How can you develop any real understanding if you keep changing sandwiches?

OP
Gweilo

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Variety is the spice of life @gpseymour, I am not the one trick pony, I don't go to the same restaurant and order the same thing every time, I could never understand, when on holiday in a nice place abroad like Mexico, my friends wanted a burger and fries or pizza, wouldn't try any local food.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Variety is the spice of life @gpseymour, I am not the one trick pony, I don't go to the same restaurant and order the same thing every time, I could never understand, when on holiday in a nice place abroad like Mexico, my friends wanted a burger and fries or pizza, wouldn't try any local food.
Only a true master can make a sandwich. True mastery requires a lifetime of dedication to a sandwich. Otherwise, you're just going through the motions, making what looks like a sandwich, but isn't really a sandwich. :p

(I'm starting to feel like this is another parody thread in the WC forum.)

Latest Discussions