Junior Olympics Results (bragging)

TaekwondoDad

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
OK, have to do the proud papa bragging routine (and will even resist complaining about the USAT for this one thread).

My daughter won Gold in forms, weapons and sparring at the Junior Olympics today. Came in third (last) in breaking, but is taking that in stride.

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
That is great to hear TKD Dad. Congrats to your daughter for sure. As a fellow TKD dad of a TKD daughter, I know just how you feel. No need to apologize for bragging about the ones you love.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations to your daughter

what no viedos I'd love to see the forms she did in compitition

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
OK, have to do the proud papa bragging routine (and will even resist complaining about the USAT for this one thread).

My daughter won Gold in forms, weapons and sparring at the Junior Olympics today. Came in third (last) in breaking, but is taking that in stride.

Congrats to your daughter on all her accomplishments. What weapon did she perform with?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats and rememebr to tell your doughter how proud of her you are.:asian:

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
After much debate about whether or not to bring her nunchucks into California, I decided to play it safe (obey the law) and she worked with her master on a kama routine.

There's a problem with that? Do you have any documentation about that.
Just want to find out if 3/4 of our Dojang is in trouble. Including my daughter and I.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
After much debate about whether or not to bring her nunchucks into California, I decided to play it safe (obey the law) and she worked with her master on a kama routine.
That's cool. We have a summer camp coming up in Illinois that she might be interested in. She can learn to take her kama routine to a new level. Let me know and I will send you the info. :)

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score

You have every right to brag. Big kudos to your daughter.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Just want to find out if 3/4 of our Dojang is in trouble. Including my daughter and I.
The problem, if I remember correctly, does not pertain to localized commercial dojo/dojang practicing nunchaku. The problem and debate is carrying the weapon and utilizing it at a tournament when you are from out of town.

There is a thread somewhere on here about the debate.

OP
T

TaekwondoDad

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

California Penal Code, Section 12020-12040 specifically lists nunchucks as a prohibited deadly weapon that can only be used in a licensed school and can only be sold and mailed directly to a licensed school.

I am saying nothing about the practices of your dojang. Just that I wasn't willing to bring a set in from out of state and risk any possible repercussions

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Law is pretty specific as to only a school with a regulatory or business license that teaches self-defense can possess them or buy them. USAT vendor has them on a table selling them. Maybe they are checking licenses. I just know a lot of small schools don't bother with business licenses or run out of other schools etc.. making it illegal for them or their students to have them. I would be interested if an attorney felt that the code means the kids can't take them home but must leave them at the schools? As USAT doesn't have a license in CA, and it is not a school, bringing them to CA or the Convention Center probably violates the law.

Latest Discussions