Jobs numbers inflated...of course they were...

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, they inflated the jobs numbers...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/10/31/september-job-numbers-inflated

[h=2]So you were suspicious about those September job creation numbers touted by the Obama Administration? You had goodreason to be. [/h]The payroll data firm ADP, which recently became partners with Moody’s Analytics, revised their estimate of the September jobs created down from 162,000 to 88,200. That new number is considerably less than the Labor Department’s count of 114,000, which included 104,000 from the private sector.
When the Labor Department’s job numbers came out for September, there was an uproar; many observers thought the numbers were manipulated to benefit Barack Obama’s reelection. As Jack Welch, former head of General Electric, tweeted after the Labor Department’s release: "Unbelievable jobs numbers...these Chicago guys will do anything...can't debate so change numbers."
But the revised ADP numbers have sparked strong suspicion that the October numbers will be worse than the Labor Department will let on.
Todd Schoenberger, managing principal at the BlackBay Group in New York, said: “It's huge, no doubt about it. Their changing the methodology tells me that if the number is cut in half with that revision, then the revision we're going to see Friday is going to be a disaster."

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nothing was inflated. The numbers were arrived at the same way they were when conservatives were attacking Obama using them. Just another made up attack line.

I'm starting to think BillC is actually a progressive! I think that he is posting so many made up attacks on Obama that he is actually satirizing them. Very clever. Although you've missed one Bill. There is a bunch of blogs now blaming Obama for Sandy. I'm suprised you haven't linked one of those yet.

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look, the numbers are cooked. They have been cooked since all of the definitions were changed in 1994.

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/unemployment-charts

According the previous historical definitions, our real unemployment rate is about 23%. The hydra of partisan politics is united in trying to cover this up.

The real problem is not including the number of people who have quit looking for work and the underemployed so 5.5 million jobs does not do alot to excite me when many are working for 1/3 what they earned previously and many two income families are now one income families.

Both candidates failed to mention specifics to change this but looking at current hiring trends the largest need is in health care many fields and information systems if kids are smart they should look at income and hiring needs before they just run off and get an education there should be a job waiting even employers willing to pay for part or all of education expenses. Sad that many turn to military thinking they will get a skill that makes them employable right out of service or education financing and come home not at all or missing limbs. To serve out of need to serve is admirable but taking the risk because they cannot get the funding to go to college is not with out risk.

Latest Discussions