Jean Claude Van Damme

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why not? If he wants to climb in the ring, more power to him. Of course, if I was on an athletic commission, I wouldn't sign off on it. But since my butts not on the line if anything goes bad, i'll hide and watch. ;)

Who knows, so long as it's not Chuck Zito in the ring, he might do okay.......or maybe not. Maybe he should fight Steven Seagal!

Ironcrane

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I say let him have at it. If it's something he really wants to do. Who knows, maybe he'll surprise us all.

Skpotamus

Brown Belt
Reaction score
For a guy to have his first pro fight at the age of 50 seems a bit odd.... but hey, whatever. Good luck to him. I hope he somehow can defeat the guy he wants to fight that he outweighs by over 60lbs...... If he wants to fight, why not fight someone close to his weight class? Is he that afraid he'll lose?

Last edited:

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he is looking for some publicity and a renewed career. So far it is working, I haven't heard from him in years. If he can pull it off, more power to him.
icon14.gif

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Who knows, so long as it's not Chuck Zito in the ring, he might do okay.......or maybe not. Maybe he should fight Steven Seagal!

Dammed Sgtmac, I wanted to say that...LOLOLOL..

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
JCVD vs. Cung Le. That would be fun to watch.

SensibleManiac

Black Belt
Reaction score
It seems like a publicity stunt.
BTW I've heard his JCVD movie is great, anyone seen it?

GreatLakes

White Belt
Reaction score

72ronin

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Win or lose, that would be a fight to remember.
Even with headgear it would be a massive crowd puller. Sold out in a matter of minutes i reckon..

K831

Black Belt
Reaction score
Speaking of Vandamage vs Segal, this may make you guys smile if you haven't seen it already;

(There is a little language)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
BTW I've heard his JCVD movie is great, anyone seen it?

I was actually surprised at how good it was. It's very much an arty film, not really an MA pic; although, there is a fight scene (movie within a movie) that his character is filming at the beginning that is very entertaining. The scene runs for several minutes with no cuts -- quite clever.

Van Damme plays a version of himself, broke, doing crappy movies in Europe and Asia, fighting a custody battle, trying to get some money in Brussells. He wanders in on a hold-up and becomes a hostage.

PeteMc

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Haha this would be a fun fight to watch, seeing as he no longer looks how he did 20+ years ago, Id bet against him, but hey if he can win then congrats lol

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Why not? If he wants to climb in the ring, more power to him. Of course, if I was on an athletic commission, I wouldn't sign off on it. But since my butts not on the line if anything goes bad, i'll hide and watch. ;)

Personally, I'd love to see him fight. He needs to go to Florida to get his license. They recently issued Hershel Walker (football player) a license for his first ever fight at 47 years of age.

I agree with you about the Zito thing...
icon10.gif

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/01/...om/2010/01/30/herschel-walker-wins-mma-debut/

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Speaking of Vandamage vs Segal, this may make you guys smile if you haven't seen it already;

(There is a little language)

I loved JCVD's impression of Stallone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions