Its Not Cold-It is Severe Cool

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what the TV weatherman just said. Its -9 now, in not so sunny Minnesota going down to 20-25° below, air temp, tonight with a wind chill of -40. Can't go out without a face mask and a car that keeps on running regardless. I shoveled snow at noon instead of going to TKD and came in six times to thaw but its five degrees colder now and it takes your breath away.

Gee, I knew those 50°'s weren't going to last...gotta go turn up the heat, its coming in through our well-insulated walls.

I would venture to say, y'all are going to get colder but I think we left the door to the frig. open. :) TW

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I would definaltely would not want to be in your shoes right now!!!! :) Im trying to avoid the heat at the moment, way too hot be sitting outside

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, TW, that arctic air is coming down onto you guys and then west to us!
It's in the 20s in the shade out of the wind - the wind chill is ... well, it feels like single digits Faranheit outside, but hubby was on the roof in the wind and got hypothermic.

I gotta go sell cookies in this crap.

STAY WARM, MINNESOTA!!

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yikes.

I just came in from installing some customer antennas and I thought it was bad here at 16 degrees.

Lucky for me its only going to be -5 tonite.

G

Gary Crawford

I feel for all of you who live in the bitter cold!! I spent three years in northern Maine while serving in the USAF. I don't miss that kind of cold in the least! Ya'll stay warm and stay in out of it. Frostbite hurts!

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It's going to be even colder up here. Over the hill, they are looking at between -30 and -40 below F without windchil. That is insane. Down by Lake Superior, the temperature is moderated abit. We are looking at only -10 tonight...

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
its freezing here too -19 with windchill ....brrrrr

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Denver is supposed to hit -10 (already -3), which is bad enough... tonight is going to be a good night to cuddle up with a warm dog and go to bed early!

OP
TigerWoman

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I will cuddle up with my two warm dogs and skip TKD tonight too. Or I could just get on the elliptical, wire it up to a heater to raise the temperature. I think I talked my son out of going to the movies. I was afraid his car wouldn't start and if left overnight, his engine block could freeze. Hey, it kept him home! Those Honda's are cold little cars anyway. ;) TW

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Im still at work... dont get to leave for another 45 minutes... its 11 here right now... -6 with the windchill.

Im HOPING my roommates broke old car gets me home... It will be a LONG COLD WALK in that kind of weather.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know it's going to get cold here in West Virginia, but not THAT cold. I wish it was back in the 60's for the weekend. I think it's supposed to get around 30? Not sure- hadn't looked at the weather channel in a couple of days to say for sure. I still have severe dislike for winter...

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was walking around without a hat or gloves all day...

But I'm built for this weather...

Cujo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It's a balmy 19 with a windchill of 5 here in Northwest Ohio.
Pax
Cujo

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well I'm in Texas wroke up and it is 31 degrees warm to the rest of you but it is freezing for us right now.
Terry

OP
TigerWoman

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
bignick said:
I was walking around without a hat or gloves all day...

But I'm built for this weather...

And you are right in the worst of the arctic air too... I know I saw skiers on the slopes here yesterday...they are nuts too. :) I need my hat and gloves.

Hey its noon on Sat. and we are at a balmy 1° now and the sun is shining. Not dog walking weather though... TW

Latest Discussions