ITF Forms on YouTube

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have found these videos on youtube, and thought that others may be interested in seeing them:

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=KoreaTKD&p=r

You can see the skill that this Black Belt has as he goes through the forms! It gives me motivation!

Well.... I only looked at two - Gae-Baek and Kwan-Gae - and while his technique is crisp and reasonably powerful, I don't know if it's the way the video was uploaded or not, but he's going about twice the speed he should be, and on all movements in Ch'ang H'on TKD, the hand, foot, eyes, and breath should all end at the same time - watch the slow moves in Kwang Gae, and see how much time passes between when his foot stops and when his hands stop.

Certainly, he's skilled - but by my standards (which are quite probably different than his) he's running through the patterns, and his timing is off.

WMKS Shogun

Green Belt
Reaction score
Actually, it depends on whether they are done the old way or the new way (save maybe the foot movement/hand moment/breath thing mentioned above). The eyes should actually move first, because if not, you do not know where you are going. As for his speed, he is actually slow on some movements by the standards of the system I teach/train in. Which brings me to my point. It really depends on who your teacher is as to who is right. Even Gen. Choi changed how he wanted the forms performed as he aged, so going too fast or with not enough 'sine wave' motion is really a matter of who you trained under, when they trained, etc. My personal opinion is that some of the moves lack snap in a few places, but overall, they are pretty good.

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm seeing differences in how these are done and how the patterns are taught at my school. Not huge, but still there. I guess it happens.

Latest Discussions