ITF Clubs in South Korea

aftab

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any good 'ITF' clubs in South Korea (Seoul area)?

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
It will be interesting to know if the ITF has taken route back there. Remember in its day the ITF and Choi were seen almost as traitors for dealing with North Korea. If for no other reason than that most teachers jumped over to the Kukkiwons side to look patriotic.
Keep us posted on what you find.

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any good 'ITF' clubs in South Korea (Seoul area)?

Grand Master Choi, Jung Hwa's ITF has been experiencing some very good growth in South Korea the last several years. There are currently 40 schoolas affiliated with it. You can see the contact information for the KITF here:

http://www.itf-administration.com/members/default.asp?country=KR&orgname=&orgnum=

I also have a pretty good friend (an American) who is living in South Korea who is a IV dan in the ITF. He works at a university and plans on opening an ITF club next semester. He's not in Seoul but let me know if you want his contact information.

Pax,

Chris

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oops, forgot to mention that the ITF had its WC in Korea in 2004 and is holding them there again this year, and I'm sure there will be good media coverage of the event.

The organization also participated in the World Taekwon-Do Festival, which is held in South Korea, in 2008 and will do so again this year. It's an event that allows the ITF to hold its own competition alongside the more well known WTF competition.

Pax,

Chris

Latest Discussions