is this depressing?

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Well, It probably wouldn't be that bad if he were teaching it correctly!

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bad, bad, bad, technique. Should have filmed someone else doing the techiques. Also don't like it when a BB can't give the technique the correct name. What is a groin finger strike? There are more but that one stood out.

As for his bad technique I really can't say much as he may have some physical issue preventing him from doing them correctly and with power. That is why you should use someone with no physical issues to do the demonstrations.

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
Groin finger strike?

I always like the Bruce Lee quote for that technique. " Monkey steals the peaches". In many cases I guess grapes may be more realistic ; )

Dave O.

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
Holy cow!

Its not even right. Aside from the bad kicks and hand positions he totally skipped the second Hecha Maki before going in to his single knife block.

The best part is you can pay him $25 per trainings and get certified.

This should not be allowed.

Yes, you are right. Its very depressing.

Dave O.

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Goodness! What terms do we use to describe that form without breaking the rules and forgetting courtesy, integrity and all the other good stuff, which still counts. Kudos to the wordsmith who came up with depressing. That's a good word. It keeps us civil, but carries tons of weight. Doesn't the Kukkiwon still have its free Poomsae videos on it's web site?

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
The related videos recommending mime techniques kinda summed it up for me.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The related videos recommending mime techniques kinda summed it up for me.

I am glad I'm not the only one that noticed that :lol:

cmassman

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I’ve seen the it done better, unfortunately I’ve seen it done much worst.

eljue

White Belt
Reaction score
The problem is that these videos damage the reputation of TKD.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Here's a bit of a tip for anyone out there who needs it. (oh god... what did I start....)

If you can't perform the moves anymore due to injury, bad hips/knees/ankles...etc.... Have one of your best students represent you and perform the moves in the video. There are many masters out there who were the best and baddest on the block and age and injury has caught up to them. Its ok. Its ok to be a master and be old and unable to perform like you were 17 again. But now is where your mental knowledge and teaching ability step up. HAVE YOUR STUDENT OR INSTRUCTOR perform in front of the audience. You taught them so there shouldnt be an ego problem. Its ok to showcase your best and YOU DONT HAVE TO BE IN THE PICTURE.

lets face it. we all want to be awesome rockstars of TKD and show our skills. But one thing i learned is when age and injury steps in, the viewing audience dont see that and view you as a lame quack who dont know squat and shouldn't have a BB on.\

sorry for the rant.

just my opinion.

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
You are all being way too nice. That SUCKED!!!!! He never chambered anything. Almost all of the techniques were off target. His stances were appalling. Someone should tell this guy to stop embarrassing the rest of us.

Reactions: ATC

Quest

White Belt
Reaction score
By the time we get to a certain rank, we should know if we are good or not. If one knows that they are not of good quality, why post a video? What are you trying to prove? Its just embarrassing, not only to himself, but to the Art itself. I agree with the previous statements, find someone else to perform the form.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
By the time we get to a certain rank, we should know if we are good or not. If one knows that they are not of good quality, why post a video? What are you trying to prove? Its just embarrassing, not only to himself, but to the Art itself. I agree with the previous statements, find someone else to perform the form.

Look at some of his other how-to videos. "How to become an internet millionnaire". It's clear money factors in a great deal with what he's trying to accomplish with these videos. He does Koryo. Is this guy KKW certified?

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
The performance was depressing.

The fact that this guy is advertising himself as a black belt is depressing.

That many are either mislead (or misleading themselves) by giving this guy $$ is depressing.

Latest Discussions