Investigators: 15-year-old son of deputy shoots burglary suspect

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.kvue.com/news/state/Inve...-deputy-shoots-burglary-suspect-97482889.html

by Shern-Min Chow / 11 News
kvue.com
Posted on June 30, 2010 at 10:23 AM

HOUSTON – The teenage son of a Harris County Precinct 1 deputy shot a home intruder Tuesday afternoon in the 2600 block of Royal Place in northwest Harris County, deputies said.

The 15-year-old boy and his 12-year-old sister had been home alone in the Mount Royal Village subdivision when around 2:30 p.m. a pair of burglars tried the front and back doors, then broke a back window.

The teenager grabbed his father's assault rifle and knew what to do with it.

“We don't try to hide things from our children in law enforcement,” Lt. Jeffrey Stauber said. “That young boy was protecting his sister. He was in fear for his life and her life.”

The home invaders fled, leaving a trail of blood.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, I'm surprised nobody else commented on this yet. Anyways...another one for the good guys. :) I'm glad that the kids father taught him responsibly and that he was able to act under the pressure. Hopefully the scumbags that have nothing better to do, than break into houses that dont belong to them, will remember this, in case they have thoughts of doing this again.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Oh horrors... he grabbed an 'assault rifle'!

Well it's pretty obvious the dad had taught his son how to shoot and be safe with a gun, even an 'assault rifle'.

Good for him! Without that skill no telling what would have happened to those two children!

In the more liberal states they would have felt it morally superior to just let the kids die than to have them use an ‘assault rifle’.

But remember, that was in SPARTA! Er.. I mean TEXAS!

Deaf

Stick Dummy

<b>"Great Guro Wizard of the Gun and Knife"</b>
Reaction score
Good for the young lad, too bad little sister was not backing him with a shotfun, err shotgun.....

Proper training and mindset at work!

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wouldn't my fist be an assault weapon if I smacked someone?

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ahh the media and their "ASSAULT weapons".

"Rifle" wouldn't have been good enough?

5-0 Kenpo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
In this case, the description of the weapon being an "assualt weapon" doesn't bother me.

It shows, contrary to liberal belief, that these "evil looking guns" can be used for good.