inteview of tkd blackbelt

J

jayfrasier

Hi everybody. About two weeks ago, I found an interview on a Kenpo school's website of a student who had already received a black belt in Taekwondo. In the interview, the guy talked about how he preferred Kenpo to tkd, how he was happy that his kids were learning Kenpo, and about how he did not mind starting over as a white belt. Anyway, I cannot find that website or the interview now. Do any of you know the URL for this site? Would you either post it or send it to me? I would really appreciate it!

Jay Frasier
[email protected]

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, I'm about a year late with this follow up, but I think what you are looking for is Christopher Geary's website. He instructs Shaolin Kempo (though I don't think it's related to the Villari or Castro lineages...). Anyhow, the website is: http://www.kempokarate.com/

Hope that helps.

-Mike

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Yeti said:
Well, I'm about a year late with this follow up, but I think what you are looking for is Christopher Geary's website. He instructs Shaolin Kempo (though I don't think it's related to the Villari or Castro lineages...). Anyhow, the website is: http://www.kempokarate.com/

Hope that helps.

-Mike
Man, this guy is just full of himself, the "Official portrait of the Founder" LOL. I really need to get some of this paper all these guys are handing out so I can be a Hanshi, Soke, Grandmaster, and all that jazz.

DarK LorD

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
pete said:
don't sweat it bubba, i think dark lord status outranks them all...
LOL, but I need some cool certs. to hang on my walls in my apartment, they are so bare, and then I could have some braggin' rights like that Wu Shen Pai guy in Las Vegas LOL. Dark Lord status was easy to get, I want something with a challenge, you know, costs $425 for that 10th Dan cert. in "Swing your Weiner" style LOL.

DarK LorD

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Yeti said:

Hope that helps.

-Mike
This is even a little beyond me even LOL. Look at the office and then ck out the picture of the Presidential Seal being pinned to the Founder's chair. Also ck out the license plate at the bottom. OMG, what a megalomaniac.

http://www.kempokarate.com/locations/pacific_street.cfm

DarK LorD

Kosho-Monk

Green Belt
Reaction score
This guy is way over the top! He obviously has way to much money!

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Kosho-Monk said:
There's nothing wrong with earning a lot of money teaching martial arts, I would love to, but extreme narcissism is a whole other issue, and this is as megalomaniacal as you can get.

DarK LorD

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Dark Kenpo Lord said:
LOL, but I need some cool certs. to hang on my walls in my apartment, they are so bare, and then I could have some braggin' rights like that Wu Shen Pai guy in Las Vegas LOL. Dark Lord status was easy to get, I want something with a challenge, you know, costs $425 for that 10th Dan cert. in "Swing your Weiner" style LOL.

DarK LorD

Clyde,

For $424.99 I will make you the Dark Knight Protector of the True Way of Kenpo. For another $424.99 the True Way Organization will recognize you as founder and grand soke of Cisotic Kenpo. :partyon:

I take checks or money orders...

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Dark Kenpo Lord said:
There's nothing wrong with earning a lot of money teaching martial arts, I would love to, but extreme narcissism is a whole other issue, and this is as megalomaniacal as you can get.

DarK LorD

I would say his cup is full.

Of himself...

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
You know, I'd visited that site once or twice before, but I hadn't seen the photo of the "official chair pinning" ceremony. lol...that is absolutely fantastic.

Thunderbolt

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Yeti said:

Hope that helps.

-Mike
Mike ,

you didn't pay much attention to his own *portray* founder in 2001. This guy was in Nick Cerio's school. How do I know.?

all you have to do is to look at *founder portray in 2001* and you should see a patch on his right *hand* *****hint******

Nick Cerio's school in Canada shows the same patch. go figure. Who knows? this guy MAY come from Canada

Kosho-Monk

Green Belt
Reaction score

DarK LorD
Yeah, I don't care that he makes a lot of money, but lining his office in gold is just more than I can handle. Hey, if there are people out there, and we all know there are, that will fall for his line of BS, then more power to him.

And for the record I will officially recognize anyone in any art for $5000. I have a nice printer at home and can assure you a very nice looking cert. for your wall.

icon12.gif

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
KenpoDave said:
Clyde,

For $424.99 I will make you the Dark Knight Protector of the True Way of Kenpo. For another $424.99 the True Way Organization will recognize you as founder and grand soke of Cisotic Kenpo. :partyon:

I take checks or money orders...
OK, as long as you make it in some dollars that are less than US LOL

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi

DarK LorD

OP
C

clapping_tiger

Thunderbolt said:
Mike ,

you didn't pay much attention to his own *portray* founder in 2001. This guy was in Nick Cerio's school. How do I know.?

all you have to do is to look at *founder portray in 2001* and you should see a patch on his right *hand* *****hint******

Nick Cerio's school in Canada shows the same patch. go figure. Who knows? this guy MAY come from Canada

Or, you could do what I did and just look at the Lineage page and do it the easy way. Just playing. :ultracool

Well, you gotta say one thing. It is a beautiful school. The whole Founder thing is a little cult like don't you think? I wonder if they call him the Founder in school.

Pacificshore

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Though must admit.....he does have a very cool dojo, and is evident that his student population is pay'n for it

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
"What normally takes 30 years of intensive study in 1 style, he has done in less than 10 years in three styles", Are the bells going off yet?

Todd

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Kosho-Monk said:
Well hell, he's got to have money in order to pay for his 24kt. gold (plated) office... geez, you'd think a can of gold flex paint would've done the job. What made me giggle was that I accidently right clicked on the page and it was javascript protected so I couldn't copy the page text .... even if I were so inclined. :rolleyes:

Latest Discussions