International Terrorism

OP
M

Mark Weiser

Gary I will be writing up an article about the Olympics and Terrorism. Including commentary and weblinks for training. Send me an email with your article if any and any links to MA schools that teach in Anti Terrorism Tactics.

Sincerely,
Mark E. Weiser

OP
R

rmcrobertson

The way to respond to terrorism--from a pragmatic, as well as a moral viewpoint--is to do something to help eradicate the conditions that give rise to this sort of pathology.

Or, it is to provide a better analysis of the situation--I recommend beginning with Paul Virilio and Foucault on the toics of "dromocracy," and the surveillance society.

Or, it is to recognize that terrorists win to the extent that they contribute to the abolition of civil liberties and the production of the paranoiac society.

Or, it is to read history.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
rmcrobertson said:
The way to respond to terrorism--from a pragmatic, as well as a moral viewpoint--is to do something to help eradicate the conditions that give rise to this sort of pathology.

You'll never eradicate the visceral hatred that comes fro fanaticism. All other rationalizations for acts of terrorism are complete bulls**t.

OP
M

Mark Weiser

As long as there are human beings on this planet there will always be "evil" from one's point of veiw. The so called Terrorist in our country could be considered a hero in their own country.

In Fact in the days of the American Revolution our forefathers would be considered terrorist in British thought and discussions. So it is a matter of prespective and one's culture and many other factors that can never be changed due to religious, ethics, morals of different peoples. However one must protect ones self interest that is to live. No one has the right to take your life in a "terrorist incident"

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mr. Crawford I enjoyed your article. I thought it was well writen and had some interesting points of view.... GOD BLESS AMERICA

OP
D

Disco

Good article. As for feedback, here's a little.

Second is there an Air Marshal on board? This could be relatively easy. He or she will most likely be seated in an isle seat. Wearing business type attire, clean cut, clean shaven, 35 yrs old or less due to federal regulations on being under 37 years old at time of employment.

The age requirement is still in effect, but things have changed as far as appearance goes.

Third If the aircraft is taken over. Do not make a move until he or she does, The Air Marshal may mistake you for a terrorists and shoot you. If you are going to do something do it before the passengers are re-arranged.

Waiting is inadvisable for the following reasons. 1) Air Marshals are not on every flight. 2) If he/she/they are on your flight, they may be totally out of position to respond. 3) The counter attack must be fast, to eliminate the terrorist(s) from gaining a stronger position. If a fight does ensue, the Marshal will not/should not shoot both people. Some common sense will prevail, for there may be more than one terrorist on board and the Marshal should momentarily wait to see if another person (terrorist) surfaces to assist the first terrorist.

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Disco said:
Good article. As for feedback, here's a little.

Second is there an Air Marshal on board? This could be relatively easy. He or she will most likely be seated in an isle seat. Wearing business type attire, clean cut, clean shaven, 35 yrs old or less due to federal regulations on being under 37 years old at time of employment.

The age requirement is still in effect, but things have changed as far as appearance goes.

Third If the aircraft is taken over. Do not make a move until he or she does, The Air Marshal may mistake you for a terrorists and shoot you. If you are going to do something do it before the passengers are re-arranged.

Waiting is inadvisable for the following reasons. 1) Air Marshals are not on every flight. 2) If he/she/they are on your flight, they may be totally out of position to respond. 3) The counter attack must be fast, to eliminate the terrorist(s) from gaining a stronger position. If a fight does ensue, the Marshal will not/should not shoot both people. Some common sense will prevail, for there may be more than one terrorist on board and the Marshal should momentarily wait to see if another person (terrorist) surfaces to assist the first terrorist.
Gary,
Interesting article. I guess I'd end up with an aisle seat no matter what. Another weapon - pocketbook (see the thread from a while ago about this in Women of the Martial Arts).

As to air marshals, the one I know couldn't look less like a law enforcement person if he tried. Yes, he's young - and I've quoted Disco because the statement about appearance changing is correct, according to this person. He varies his outfits from business attire to college student to whatever purposely so that there isn't a 'profile' for him. I also agree with not waiting.

We half-kid around in our school about how to practice our techniques - "Yes, but can you do it in the aisle of an airplane?" KT

OP
G

Gary Crawford

kenpo tiger said:
Gary,

We half-kid around in our school about how to practice our techniques - "Yes, but can you do it in the aisle of an airplane?" KT
Now you're thinking! It can be practiced and I encourage you to do so.Get some folding chairs(they are usually about the same width as a seat in coach) then you can roleplay.There are tons of scenerios you can do,ways of getting the terrorists attention without alarming them,distracting them so another can attack.You can practice and experiment with what types of strikes are possible from your seat.You can also experiment with two and tree man teams.Just get some chairs,arrange them in a arcraft configuration and use your imagination!

OP
M

Mark Weiser

Remember as well the following bits of advice.

• the narrow space of the asile limits the type of attack. Concentrate on straight punches, low kicks to the shin/knees/ankles, quick elbow locks, these are done if you are planning on just restraining the suspect.
  • Lethal Force---- Strikes to the Throat,Temple, Back of neck near the skull to cause trauma to Medulla, Sterum Punches to cause Heart Flutters and to cause Air Shortage, Breaking Arms at Elbows then follow up with lethal strikes, Remember also the more pain you cause the better off you will be. Low Kicks to Knees to bring opponenet's upper body closer to you and the ground to clear the asile,
  • Once opponent is down either alive or terminated you must move forward quickly towards cockpit to secure the flight controls.
Just some food for thought

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is probably a really stupid question, but one I've never really asked or seen answered. I have my own opinion, but I could deffinitely be wrong. Anyone know the dangers of shooting a weapon in an airplane? What are the chances of a bullet exiting the plane? What about confined space and shooting?

7sm

OP
G

Gary Crawford

That's actually a good question.I'm no expert in aircraft,but here goes...If the aircraft hull is breached by a bullet below 10,000 ft,the issue of preasurisation is nill,but over 10,000 ft,it can mean that passengers will require oxygen.I bullet hole will probably not effect structorial integrety of the aircraft,therefore will not break apart.

OP
M

Mark Weiser

Your bigger planes travel at higher altitudes therefore a decompression is more dangerous due to lesser pressure outside the plane. Grown men during military ops during combat have been known to have been sucked out of a plane thur a hole the size of 2 to 3 inches wide.

So that is a valid point. I would say if a gun is fired in an airplane it is a crap shoot. I would recommend a low grain bullet such as a glazer rounds that 38 calibers have it is designed to stop upon first impact and not to carry forward thru the object being shot it was a recommended round for home defense due to the danger of firing at invaders and about occupants on the otherside of the walls in a home.

Tasers are a vary viable option for Air Marshals. Any Pepper Spray in an enclosed space is outright stupid. I have on my site that is available a Taser that shoots out 100,000 volts. That will stop an elephant lol.

Latest Discussions