internal training

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So aside from a good teacher (ha!) what do you think is the most important aspect in the practice of internal training?

Respectfully,
Marlon

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Zhan Zhuang. Personally speaking. :)

East Winds

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree with mograph. And if your doing Yang Style, Cheng-fu's 10 essences.

Very best wishes

OP
marlon

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree with mograph. And if your doing Yang Style, Cheng-fu's 10 essences.

Very best wishes

I am not sure if this has been asked before: Is thwere a Chen style equivelant of the ten essences? If so what are they, please?

Respectfully,
Marlon

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I am not sure if this has been asked before: Is thwere a Chen style equivelant of the ten essences? If so what are they, please?

Respectfully,
Marlon

Chen style does not have Yang Chengfu's 10 essences and do not I beleive the Chen family cares about them either.

OP
marlon

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Chen style does not have Yang Chengfu's 10 essences and do not I beleive the Chen family cares about them either.

i know that they do not have the ten essences of YCF. My question is do they have something (a saying, or rules , or principles) that is the equivalent. I know they are not the same. thanks

Respectfully,
Marlon

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
i know that they do not have the ten essences of YCF. My question is do they have something (a saying, or rules , or principles) that is the equivalent. I know they are not the same. thanks

Respectfully,
Marlon

Marlon

Not having the same amount of experience in Chen as I do Yang all I can say is that there are Chen style requirements. However the only thing I have that talks about what those are is Chan Zhenglei’s book “Chen style Taijiquan, Sword and broad sword” and it is 19 pages long and I really do not feel like typing all that out. But it discusses the following

Head
Chest and Back
Waist and Spine
Abdomen
Buttocks
Shoulders and Elbows
Wrist
Hand
Palm
Fist
Hook Hand
Lower Limbs
Groin
Hips
Knees
Feet

There are also 6 special Characteristics (this covers an additional 4 pages)
  • Appear outwardly soft like a maiden but inwardly strong like Buddha’s Warrior attendant (Jingang)
  • A Spiral, Circular Way of Moving Internal Energy
  • Combining both Daoyin and Tu Na with Martial arts
  • Chen Style Taijiquan’s Bending of Hardness and Suppleness
  • The Coordination of Consciousness, Breath and Movement
  • Realistic Combative Nature of Competitive Activities of Two person Push Hands and two person Dual Spear training.
And it goes into the method of progression as well (This covers an additional 12 pages) and there are 10 parts to this

I imagine there is a more condensed version somewhere that the Chen family has but I do not think it would go into this much detail. And being a Chen Newbie (again) You now have all I currently am certain of as it concerns Chen style

Also Chen style is VERY concerned with Chan Si Jin (Silk reeling) training as well, which is part of the Qigong mentioned by Flying Crane.

OP
marlon

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Marlon

Not having the same amount of experience in Chen as I do Yang all I can say is that there are Chen style requirements. However the only thing I have that talks about what those are is Chan Zhenglei’s book “Chen style Taijiquan, Sword and broad sword” and it is 19 pages long and I really do not feel like typing all that out. But it discusses the following

Head
Chest and Back
Waist and Spine
Abdomen
Buttocks
Shoulders and Elbows
Wrist
Hand
Palm
Fist
Hook Hand
Lower Limbs
Groin
Hips
Knees
Feet

There are also 6 special Characteristics (this covers an additional 4 pages)
  • Appear outwardly soft like a maiden but inwardly strong like Buddha’s Warrior attendant (Jingang)
  • A Spiral, Circular Way of Moving Internal Energy
  • Combining both Daoyin and Tu Na with Martial arts
  • Chen Style Taijiquan’s Bending of Hardness and Suppleness
  • The Coordination of Consciousness, Breath and Movement
  • Realistic Combative Nature of Competitive Activities of Two person Push Hands and two person Dual Spear training.
And it goes into the method of progression as well (This covers an additional 12 pages) and there are 10 parts to this

I imagine there is a more condensed version somewhere that the Chen family has but I do not think it would go into this much detail. And being a Chen Newbie (again) You now have all I currently am certain of as it concerns Chen style

Also Chen style is VERY concerned with Chan Si Jin (Silk reeling) training as well, which is part of the Qigong mentioned by Flying Crane.

Thank you XS! Did you mean to write blending of hardness and suppleness? And what is daoyin,please?

Respectfully,
Marlon

OP
marlon

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Chen has its own qigong methods

What can you tell me of them aside from the silk reeling....how are they different from yang methods...btw since Yang came from Chen how and where did they gain differnt qi gong methods and why?

Respectfully,
Marlon

wuchi

White Belt
Reaction score
If you study tai chi chuan, the Tai Chi Chuan Classics, faith (in your teacher and the style), dedication and perseverance are the among the most important aspects in my opinion.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Thank you XS! Did you mean to write blending of hardness and suppleness? And what is daoyin,please?

Respectfully,
Marlon

Yup I meant to type blending not bending.

Daoyin is just the old name for Qigong. Sometime between the late 50s and the late 60s (could be earlier) Daoyin started to be called Qigong.

Latest Discussions