Interesting self defence weapon...

OP
Satt

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Solidman82 said:
Good idea, but the thing's still damn ugly.

Yeah, I feel ya on that one. I was thinking the same thing and tried to look up better looking ones, but that's the only one I think is out there.

C

CrankyDragon

My choice for non-martial arts self defense.

thun380lt_sat_md.gif

Bersa Thunder 380 ~$250
Excelent weapon, on spot accuracy time and time again, reliable, light
weight, inexpensive and just enough power to be effective.

Seriously.

OP
Satt

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sounds good CD. But I have been looking for something I can get without a permit and something I can take on campus. Once I am done with college I will definately be getting something like that though. :mp5:

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Does it carry enough volume to be effective?

I dunno, looks a bit gimmicky, like 'cool looking idea but would it really work?'

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am with Freep on this one. It seems a little small to be very effective. Also what about a safety mechanism. It would be a shame to gas yourself or a loved one by accident. I think sticking to the larger canister would be the better way to go. Also, I wonder what the laws are for carrying the ring? Would it be the same as the canister? Some judges have said that by carrying CS that you are looking for trouble, but that is what they would say about us martial artists.

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
if you can trigger it with your thumb, who's to say you wont accidentally knock it when your fixing your glasses or something and spray it on yourself?

OP
Satt

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
As far as the accedentally setting it off thing...the website says it has a thumb lock as well. You have to click an unlock switch with your thunb and then push the button. As far as effectiveness...it releases (roughly) a 2 foot spray for 2 seconds and comes with refillable cartriges as well. I am definately buying one so I will test it out to see how it works in reality and I will get back to you all.

Icewater

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I wonder if I could get that puppy through airport security?

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well here's the thing... how many people actually wear a ring on their index finger? That would be an odd thing to a sharp-eyed (airport) security officer.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Satt said:
Does anyone own this or have any comments on it???...

http://www.eliteselfdefense.com/pepper-spray-ring.htm

I am getteing ready to order this for me and my wife and have never seen it before. I'm just looking for other experience with/opinions about it. Thanks in advance!!!

Man, you'd have to have real presence of mind to be able to use that one effectively, given its limited volume of spray. I'd think of it as a low caliber one shot derringer. If you miss, possible, if not probable, you are in worse shape than when you started. Make sure you get several refills and practice it and, IMHO, never fire it unless you have a VERY good chance of hitting the assailant. Personally, while certainly an intriguing device, I'd pass.

Thanks for the link, though. The site that sells it seems to have some interesting products.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jonathan Randall said:
I'd think of it as a low caliber one shot derringer.

A good analogy. Yet, it survived as long as it did because it found some use...I could see this doing the same. Yet, in many circumstances it'd be worthless, and in many others one would never have the chance to deploy it (at least, not effectively).

An interesting idea nonetheless.

Solidman82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I wonder if I could get that puppy through airport security?

It probably has enough metal in it to set off the metal detector nevermind a security officer.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Pepper spray is pretty worthless as a self defense tool. Don't bother.

Latest Discussions