interesting double standard

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
we should probably wait for the youtube video to see what actually happened.

I can't tell anything from the video on the posted link, other than two attorneys trying to get publicity by doing a "Don't Drink and Drive" plug. I see a whole lot of police responders with lights going, and a few black people being interviewed by officers, but that's about it. When did this even happen, early this morning? If you're looking for a reason besides racial bias for why it's not all over the news, I'd point to that. Too early to tell.

Hope nobody died.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
If I understand the point of the OP correctly, TF is alleging that there is a dearth of coverage on poor white people being victimized by black people.

This is interesting. Type the following into google: white on black violence america. I got to page 4 and gave up trying to find an article on anything other than "black on [someone]." The entire first page gives links to articles regarding "black on white" crime. On page 2, I started seeing links to "black on black" crime.

While I didn't read any of the articles, this leads me to believe that there is no shortage of coverage on incidents like the above. While I hope we can all admit that there are racially motivated incidents of violence against black men and women, you'd think otherwise based on a quick google search.

In other words, I think you're twisting facts and, intentionally or unintentionally, misrepresenting reality.

OP
Twin Fist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
and i think you are stoned.

if this had been a gang of whites beating on blacks, it would be on every news service, every network, every channel, everywhere

remember the Duke Lacrosse case?

BUT

in this case there has been almost no coverage of this incident and others like it.

WHY?

we all know why..........

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
and i think you are stoned.
I think you're certifiable.
if this had been a gang of whites beating on blacks, it would be on every news service, every network, every channel, everywhere

remember the Duke Lacrosse case?
You mean where the girl lied about being raped? I do. And?
BUT

in this case there has been almost no coverage of this incident and others like it.

WHY?

we all know why..........
If your point is that this story is being under reported, you may have a case. I don't know enough about what happened to know. If you're alleging that "black on white" crime is under reported in general, you are delusional. Just flat out crazy.

OP
Twin Fist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
if you look at how much black on white crime there is, and see how much of it is reported in the media, and how often they DONT MENTION race IF the race is other than white, you will see the problem, even if you will never admit it

and BTW, when you DONT think i am crazy, i will worry.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
if you look at how much black on white crime there is, and see how much of it is reported in the media, and how often they DONT MENTION race IF the race is other than white, you will see the problem, even if you will never admit it

and BTW, when you DONT think i am crazy, i will worry.

Now I am getting scared...

I do not know any numbers in crime, but I have the feeling that officially the stance is that there is no black on white racism...
cos black people can't possibly be racist (had a very intelligent lady do the pointy thing on her arm and say 'I can't be racist' I really liked her, but that moment I had to bite my tongue....I said liked because I have not seen her in several years)

I am now going to put on my tinfoil hat...agreeing with TF can't be good for me....

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There can be a good reason for not mentioning race. Around 2003-2004, there was a man that was breaking in to the apartments of women and assaulting/raping them, in and around the area where I lived.

Identifying his race....not so easy, esp. where the suspect was still at large.

View attachment 15257

Heinz 57....everything in the known world shagged together....

However, anybody ever bother to watch TV land?

To cancel out Archie Bunker, there is Mr Jefferson and Fred G Sanford.
And while I love all those shows, don't tell me the latter two were not racist!

and that was 40 years ago!

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS:

Please keep the discussion polite & respectful.

jks9199
Super Moderator

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I do not know any numbers in crime, but I have the feeling that officially the stance is that there is no black on white racism...
cos black people can't possibly be racist (had a very intelligent lady do the pointy thing on her arm and say 'I can't be racist' I really liked her, but that moment I had to bite my tongue....

Aye, sadly there is a lot of that delusional nonsense about and even worse are those that consciously use that 'institutional' assumption, that only white people are racist, to their advantage.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm... seriously at a loss. "Black on white" crime has, if anything, reached the point of over saturation in media. If you guys don't see enough news coverage on "black on white" crime, you're just not looking. It's everywhere. And unlike you guys, it's so so easy for me to demonstrate my position. You simply need to look. Take a couple minutes and look. It's like you guys are standing on a dairy farm arguing that there aren't any more cows.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm... seriously at a loss. "Black on white" crime has, if anything, reached the point of over saturation in media. If you guys don't see enough news coverage on "black on white" crime, you're just not looking. It's everywhere. And unlike you guys, it's so so easy for me to demonstrate my position. You simply need to look. Take a couple minutes and look. It's like you guys are standing on a dairy farm arguing that there aren't any more cows.

I am guessing here from my own thoughts that the comments are rather tongue in cheek.

It seems to the casual bystander that white on black crimes more often than not get a label if 'racial motivation' where as the other way around it is not the case it seems.
It's not exactly the matter of crimes, we all know they happen, but the perceived motivation.

OP
Twin Fist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
steve is as usual, living in a different reality. When the crime is white on black the races are mentioned and the leap is made that race was the motivation, again, Duke Lacrosse Case is a perfect example.

When the victim is white, and the criminal black, race is pretty much never mentioned, and it is NEVER reported that the attack happened BECAUSE of race.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
TF, I hope you get help before you lose it completely. I've been on forums online since usenet and dial up bulletin boards 20 years ago, and I've never been involved with someone so angry and irrational. I would not be surprised to read about you in the paper, although I sincerely hope you figure something out before that.

I respond to your posts not to invite dialogue with you. Rather, it's to be on record as disagreeing, because I don't want anyone, anywhere to believe that I in any way endorse your irrational thoughts or beliefs.