"I'm not a hero. I'm not a cowboy." You're an embarrassment

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
From OregonLive

A gun owner saw thieves leaving a store with stolen iPhones. He tried to shoot out the tires as they drove away "but it is unclear where the rounds ended up, though police said he fired in a direct line with the Gresham City Hall Max
[*] station and the adjacent Park & Ride".

Thousands of responsible CCW holders. Hundreds of crimes prevented. Dozens of lives saved. One guy who has seen too many movies. Who will people remember?

[*]Light Rail

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
*FACEPALM* :rpo: :rpo: :rpo:

If you are not justified in immediate use of deadly force( HINT: this guy wasn't), you are not justified in shooting AT ALL.

First of all he was in no imminent danger of death or serious injury, second of all unless he had a family member being kidnapped(HINT: he didn't) or had reason to believe this was an ongoing crime of violence endangering further lives(HINT: He didn't), He had no Right of Pursuit as would an LEO.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ops..... I suspect he packed heat but never read the laws. Well he is reading them now.

Deaf

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This really pissed me off when I saw it this morning. Gives gun owners a bad name.

Damn Copwannabe.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
From OregonLive

A gun owner saw thieves leaving a store with stolen iPhones. He tried to shoot out the tires as they drove away "but it is unclear where the rounds ended up, though police said he fired in a direct line with the Gresham City Hall Max
[*] station and the adjacent Park & Ride".

Thousands of responsible CCW holders. Hundreds of crimes prevented. Dozens of lives saved. One guy who has seen too many movies. Who will people remember?

[*]Light Rail

Great GOOGA MOOGA! :whip:

knuckleheader

Green Belt
Reaction score
If he's not in trouble for illegal use of a firearm, ought to be required to attend futher training in the LEGAL and prudent use of a gun.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The local reaction to this has been mixed. Some residents think he's a hero for doing what he did, others are appalled at the discharge of a firearm under the circumstances.

I guess some people want to live in a fantasyland where you can shoot out tires or shoot someone in the hand or the foot (while they're running) or any of those out-of-the-question movieland tactics. ARGH!

takezo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
At a more fundamental level the penalty for theft is not grievous harm or death - so his actions can hardly be deemed those of a 'reasonable man'.

Yank his permit and put him in jail for his crimes.

OP
tellner

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
If he's not in trouble for illegal use of a firearm, ought to be required to attend futher training in the LEGAL and prudent use of a gun.

He is in legal trouble. If he was a CCW holder he had to attend classes addressing the legality. If he wasn't a CCW holder he's got a whole other set of legal problems.

knuckleheader

Green Belt
Reaction score
The local reaction to this has been mixed. Some residents think he's a hero for doing what he did, others are appalled at the discharge of a firearm under the circumstances.

I guess some people want to live in a fantasyland where you can shoot out tires or shoot someone in the hand or the foot (while they're running) or any of those out-of-the-question movieland tactics. ARGH!

Kinda like the shoot to wound legislation being bounced around in New Yawk State.:)

OP
tellner

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
knuckleheader, don't worry about it. The law never gets in the way of the NYPD.

Latest Discussions