I'm NEW... Keen to meet everyone. Pop in! :)

Tarrycat

Green Belt
Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to converse with more like-minded people on a global scale; since I'm planning on travelling a bit.

Anyone know of some genuine Ninjutsu dojo's in your hometown's? Not McDojo's... :p. I'd like to keep the energy flowing for when I travel.

As you know, given the above information, I'm a Ninjutsu student. I've been doing it for about a year & a half now & I'm completely in love with the art that was integrated & designed with the knowledge of the Samurai & a Chinese martial artist. I love, admire, & respect all of the arts.

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hello Welcome

McDojos LoL

I love all the Samurai and Ninja stuff as well, seems like that was the 80's we need more movies made now, Huh!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk, Tarrycat. Hope you enjoy it here. :)

One of our members, Chris Parker, drops in from time to time. A wealth of knowledge in Martial Arts in general, and knowledgeable in what you seek. Read any of his posts from before, or when he stops in, you'll be glad you did.

You plan on travelling, where are you from? We have some well travelled folks here.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT. You'll find some really helpful and opinionated folks here. We have some lively discussions, and bicker just enough. We generally get along pretty well, even when we disagree.

OP
Tarrycat

Tarrycat

Green Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk, Tarrycat. Hope you enjoy it here. :)

One of our members, Chris Parker, drops in from time to time. A wealth of knowledge in Martial Arts in general, and knowledgeable in what you seek. Read any of his posts from before, or when he stops in, you'll be glad you did.

You plan on travelling, where are you from? We have some well travelled folks here.

I'm so sorry for the late reply! I never got my notifications .

Thanks so much for the advice, I really appreciate it. I will check out Chris' posts for some references.

& thank you for welcoming me so warmly. I really appreciate it. :)

Well, I was planning on going to Japan (obviously). I wanted to travel to Iga Ueno, where Ninjutsu originated.

Hopefully I'm not too late to meet Masaaki Hatsumi. He's so old now though. He's the current Ninjutsu successor.

I want to visit the States as well, as it also has a view good & well established Ninjutsu dojo's.

Those are the main two countries I really want to experience.

As far as nature goes; Costa Rica, Bali, & Hawaii. I'm a BIG nature lover!

It's nice to meet you too. :)*

OP
Tarrycat

Tarrycat

Green Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT. You'll find some really helpful and opinionated folks here. We have some lively discussions, and bicker just enough. We generally get along pretty well, even when we disagree.

Lol! I'm a very liberal martial artist & I like what each style contributes. If Karate never existed, I would never have known about Martial Arts. They are all unique & special in their own way. As long as they all teach the core principles of integrity, discipline, respect, honor, & lowliness.

Thank you* :)

OP
Tarrycat

Tarrycat

Green Belt
Reaction score
Welcome, there is one near me, but they are not big on drop ins and do not advertise, so sorry I can give you no further information

True Ninjutsu dojo's aren't very big on marketing, no. I've noticed. It's a good thing. My Sensei doesn't publish what we do inside the dojo. He doesn't believe in it.

His Sensei is actually in the US; so when I go over, I'll ask him for his contacts; & they can then refer me to other contacts as I travel all over. They've only worked with Stephen K. Hayes, & Masaaki Hatsumi - I'm pretty sure they follow the same principles of privacy my Sensei does.

Thank you. :)

OP
Tarrycat

Tarrycat

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hello Welcome

McDojos LoL

I love all the Samurai and Ninja stuff as well, seems like that was the 80's we need more movies made now, Huh!

AGREED! Especially the movies made in the 80's! I'm a real metalhead as well.

Past life regression? I think so.

It's a lot of fun! I enjoy it so much.