I'm moving into San Fran proper, but can't decide where?

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok I'll drop some of the stats so you know what I am doing.

I basically live in a suburb of San Fran right now called Lafayette. I am moving into the city itself to try it out and mostly be closer to work and such as the commute is kicking my butt.

But now I have some important questions...

Would you move closer to your work...or your martial arts school???

It's killing me, I want the pleasure of walking home for lunch, chilling out or whatever. But I also want to be close enough to martial arts class to make me want to go more often. Its kinda a tough one. I don't own a car and probably wont here in San Fran... But the choice is really tough, so I am just talking it out to weigh the benefits and such.

What was the major consideration when you were 23 just getting out of college, working your first real job and trying to start out?

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
definitely move closer to work
coz that will kill you!

you can always go to your martial arts after traffic chills down...
also, if you go to the city why dont you choose a school in there, so you work, practice, then go home!

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
When I was 23, the most important considerations were cost, and proximity to where the action (women, bars) was.

What I should have been doing was building equity in a home.

Old Fat Kenpoka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
When I was 23, the most important considerations were cost, and proximity to where the action (women, bars) was.

What I should have been doing was building equity in a home.

No 23 year old who needs to work can afford a home in San Francisco. See for yourself:

www.mlslistings.com

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Old Fat Kenpoka said:
No 23 year old who needs to work can afford a home in San Francisco. See for yourself:

www.mlslistings.com

Ahh. Yes, umm, properties seem to be worth about 8 times what they're worth here. However, the good news is that if you move here you'll find living much more affordable. You'd need to give up the ocean, the weather, and so on. No threat of disappearing in an earthquake adds to the local appeal....