If someone gave you an envelope with your death date inside of it, would you open it?

Chrisinmd

Blue Belt
Reaction score
If someone gave you an envelope with your true death date inside of it, would you open it? How would knowing your true death date benefit you or would the knowledge cause more harm then good?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hell yes, give me that puppy!

Given the opportunity I'd like the chance to say, "The envelope, please."

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If I knew it was legit, absolutely. And I'd be buying life insurance for my family based on it.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I would need to ask how the fellow knows my date of death. Because I just might have to kill him...

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Nah. You might not die, but you might get paralyzed for life, or end up in a coma.
I have just read a book about ghost. Someone said the reason that ghost exist because if someone supposes to die at age of 80, but he dies at the age of 30, he will stay in the ghost form on earth for another 50 years. After 50 years, this ghost will leave earth and go wherever it supposes to go.

By using this theory, the day that one supposes to die, and the day that one will die can be different.

Razznik

Blue Belt
Reaction score
If I knew it was legit, absolutely. And I'd be buying life insurance for my family based on it.
Yes XD
I would need to ask how the fellow knows my date of death. Because I just might have to kill him...
That's funny
I have just read a book about ghost. Someone said the reason that ghost exist because if someone supposes to die at age of 80, but he dies at the age of 30, he will stay in the ghost form on earth for another 50 years. After 50 years, this ghost will leave earth and go wherever it supposes to go.

By using this theory, the day that one supposes to die, and the day that one will die can be different.
So real life is Final Destination, then?

Razznik

Blue Belt
Reaction score

I'd commit suicide the day before I would die, and then I would see if it was true that you turn into a ghost after you die early.
If this theory was true, what would happen if you survived past the date? Will it really turn out like final destination? Your sure to get death in trouble though. XD

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd commit suicide the day before I would die, and then I would see if it was true that you turn into a ghost after you die early.
If this theory was true, what would happen if you survived past the date? Will it really turn out like final destination? Your sure to get death in trouble though. XD
Most likely you'll just botch the suicide and end up in a hospital until 12:01. Not a fun way to spend your last day.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. Jumping off a bridge with a rope around your neck connecting with a stone seems pretty foolproof to me, doesn't it?
Nope. The rope breaks, so you fall in the water but someone rescues you. You've got water in your lung, and slowly drown internally over the course of the day.

Latest Discussions