I

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was sent a copy of ‘Inside Koroddy’ from June 1996 and flicking through it, I found this and felt very nostalgic. Master Ken has aged very well, indeed, don’t you think?
52429A29-0BDB-40F6-ACEB-01F1DC6ED6B5.jpeg
miss this kind of stuff!

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was sent a copy of ‘Inside Koroddy’ from June 1996 and flicking through it, I found this and felt very nostalgic. Master Ken has aged very well, indeed, don’t you think?
miss this kind of stuff!
SCARS was at one time the most expensive martial arts course ever. Might still be.

But it's based on one strike/one kill philosophy. The Navy replaced it with MMA for obvious reasons.

OP
Gyakuto

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I thought it was a ‘snake oil’ type fighting system judging by the language!😄 Neural Offensive Linguistics 🤣🤣

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's also been available to the public for a long time now, you can still order the DVDs manuals etc. The VHS collections etc.

This system is a 100% offense mindset, stop/kill the other dude as fast as possible method, assuming you loaded down with combat gear or even neck deep in water.

1664297179152.png

OP
Gyakuto

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is it a scam? Even my University dept had a Word processor in 1994!

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
So is it a scam? Even my University dept had a Word processor in 1994!
No, it's real. It was official SEAL training from the late 80's until almost 2000. The Navy approved releasing certain parts of the SEAL program to the public in the early 90s, which looks to be about right for your ad.

It was taught to other Special Forces units too. But as MMA's popularity and effectiveness became apparent (after a couple dozen UFCs), the Defense Department mostly seems to have switched to MMA-ish training for anything considered "hand to hand".

OP
Gyakuto

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ohhh! You’d think it prudent to keep it secret lest the ‘baddies’ trained in it, too! Imagine a SEAL ( 🦭) creeping into a the bad people’s lair and seeing those VHS tapes on their shelves😳

So MMA is the most effective combat art? I knew it! 🤓

OP
Gyakuto

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is so compelling! Now this is a system I want to get involved in! Forget all your ‘koroddies’, ‘Tekwoondooz’ and ‘bing juns’, I want to be able to cause ‘instantaneous death’, if I so wish, especially if I don’t feel like using any physical strength or exertion. 😉