I saw somthing that Amused me today

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Out in the Suburbs of Chicago there is a town called Sleepy Hollow.

I was rolling thru the town, and passed a Sleepy Hollow PD Cruiser...

On the side of the Cruiser between the words "Police" and "Department" was a depiction of a Sword Wielding Headless Horseman inside a standard Police "shield" shape.

That, to me, says "Hey dont **** with the Sleepy Hollow Cops... they will chop your freaking head off and wear it!" Hehe.

Just thought I'd share.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In fact... here, I found a pic of their logo online... this is what was on the side of the Car...

1202547698.gif

prokarateshop

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I that seems to be kinda creepy.. but I guess its a play on the "legend"

but it does seem to lose the premise law enforcement.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I dunno ... seems kinda childish to me (the logo, that is).

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd be very surprised if the town hasn't been using that logo for the local gov't for quite a while given the age and popularity of the legend. I'm sure that somewhere in the past the town council decided to bring in tourist bucks with tieing into the legend and the logo just goes along with it. I don't have a problem with the logo. Hell, it may even lighten folks up a bit and make things a bit better on everyone.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'd be very surprised if the town hasn't been using that logo for the local gov't for quite a while given the age and popularity of the legend. I'm sure that somewhere in the past the town council decided to bring in tourist bucks with tieing into the legend and the logo just goes along with it. I don't have a problem with the logo. Hell, it may even lighten folks up a bit and make things a bit better on everyone.

Exactly

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" was first published in 1820 and it has been sleepy hollows claim to fame ever since and it is what the tourists ($$$) want to see.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think it's freakin' cool...it's a lot better than many I've seen

for example, the one from my town (a heart?...seriously?)

Attachments

• $1216764669.jpg
    $1216764669.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 189

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've never noticed it before, though I don't see a lot of Sleepy Hollow PD cruisers. It's definitely a play on the legend, but it's not what you'd call a tourist area these days, lol.

Hudson69

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Pretty cool, we have mountains on ours but we are near the Rockies, the mountains not the baseball team.....

Last edited:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
These days, one wonders how many know anything of the backgrounds of the two patches....but to the extent that seeing the picture keeps them from disturbing the towns, it is probably a good thing.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
These days, one wonders how many know anything of the backgrounds of the two patches....but to the extent that seeing the picture keeps them from disturbing the towns, it is probably a good thing.

I'll see your bet and raise you one. :D

The fact that the Salem Police have a cartoonish witch on their patch is no accident. The same witch is on the masthead of the Salem News. "Witch kitsch" is good for business. Witch statues, museums, and curiosity shops abound in Salem.

The darkest aspects to the Salem Witch Trials occurred in an unorganized (in terms of government) agrarian parcel known as Salem Village. In Salem Village, you won't find any museums or practicing witches, and its a downright dull place to be on Halloween. You have to make an effort at looking in to its real history, as Salem Village quietly incorporated in the mid 1700s, and became the town of..........Danvers.

Kind of like how the Battle of Bunker Hill wasn't fought on Bunker Hill...lol

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'll see your bet and raise you one. :D

The fact that the Salem Police have a cartoonish witch on their patch is no accident. The same witch is on the masthead of the Salem News. "Witch kitsch" is good for business. Witch statues, museums, and curiosity shops abound in Salem.

The darkest aspects to the Salem Witch Trials occurred in an unorganized (in terms of government) agrarian parcel known as Salem Village. In Salem Village, you won't find any museums or practicing witches, and its a downright dull place to be on Halloween. You have to make an effort at looking in to its real history, as Salem Village quietly incorporated in the mid 1700s, and became the town of..........Danvers.

But try and get into Salem on Halloween :anic:

Kind of like how the Battle of Bunker Hill wasn't fought on Bunker Hill...lol

Well they needed Breed's Hill for land fill so they could put the monument there now could they :D

Latest Discussions