I need an explanation of a chinese weapon

Bastian

White Belt
Reaction score
What is "Tie-sheet Blade"?
It appears in the movie Legendary Weapons of China.
I need to translate it. What is it exactly?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a list of weapons from the movie here

Legendary Weapons of China - Wikipedia

I have no idea what you are trying to say with Tie-sheet-blade
Im sticking with my initial guess and guessing they rederred to the jian as a tai chi sword at some point. Im adding to my guess that OP may have been drunk when he watched the movie and posted this. Again, without seeing the movie

OP
B

Bastian

White Belt
Reaction score
It's not from hearing. That's what appears in the subtitles.

gpseymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the movie, but I've seen many where the subtitles were badly done. I think the idea of it being a pretty much phonetic transcription makes sense.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

I often find english subtitles for Chinese rather amusing. Look at the link I provided and go through the weapons they are talking about and see which one they are referring to. But, as previously stated by @kempodiscipe, my money would be on the Jian, it is used in Taijiquan (Tai Chi Chuan), but not exclusively.

gpseymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I often find english subtitles for Chinese rather amusing. Look at the link I provided and go through the weapons they are talking about and see which one they are referring to. But, as previously stated by @kempodiscipe, my money would be on the Jian, it is used in Taijiquan (Tai Chi Chuan), but not exclusively.
Anyone who sees a film with subtitles and can speak/read both languages has had fun with the differences, even when they are done well. Sometimes, a concept just doesn't translate well, leading to "bad" subtitles. Other times, it seems clear the person doing the subtitles isn't actual fluent in one or the other of the languages.

OP
B

Bastian

White Belt
Reaction score
I attached a link to the picture of the part of the movie where this sword is used.
It looks like a sword with feathers. Maybe someone who reads Chinese can tell me what it says in the picture.

https://imggmi.com/full/2019/4/18/e6fcf0aa0dc3ba7a8be1648ee22c36bf-full.jpg.html
VMnyZw2

Attachments

• weapon.jpg
    weapon.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 270

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score