I Miss You

deadhand31

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
The 7th layer of Hell. Wisconsin, to the rest of y
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/191882

I know that now is the 12th. However, I watched it, and I cried. Over 3 years ago, over 3000 lives were lost in a senseless act. Watching this movie, it brought back what happened that day.

I was working in a call center, and I remember hearing a coworker announce that a plane had just crashed into one of the towers. I was on my 6th call of the day. Less than 15 minutes later, I heard that the second tower had been hit. We were under attack. That was on my 12th call, the last call to be made that week. All around me, everyone dropped all their work duties, and tried to find out what we could about what was happening. I tried all my online sources, moving first to CNN, CBS, NBC. All of them were overloaded. I then tried Foxnews, Newsmax, even the Drudge Report. None of them could handle the traffic.

A meeting was then called for the entire company. We were all told to do what we could, but noone was able to any real work that day.

We then kept listening as everything unfolded. The pentagon being hit, the towers going down, the rumors of a fourth plane crash. So many lives lost in an instant.

After that, I went home. Not being able to continue being idle, I went into the dojang for the Wednesday night class. Stepping across the threshold, bowing, I was entering a much different place. The air was dead silent. When I saw my fellow students, their eyes said it all, "I know."

Soon after, there was great unity in our country. Black, white, asian, Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Democrat, Republican, Green Party, they were all set aside. We were Americans. Millions upon millions of dollars was donated to 9/11 charities. Blood banks everywhere were overrun with donors. Firefighters, paramedics, and police officers had finally been shown the respect they had deserved all along.

Now, alot of that has changed. Blood banks now see their pre-9/11 turnouts. Charities have dwindled from that initial surge. There is bickering back and forth between people from both sides of the political spectrum. Our heroes are now cast back into the realm of being taken for granted.

There's too much fighting, not just here, but everywhere. I guess I'm just plain sick of it. I want us all to be united once again, without having to lose so much for it to happen. I wish the lessons we learned that day could hold tight in our minds for our whole lives. I want America to be America again. The girl in the cartoon misses her daddy. I suppose I'm missing something too.

T

Tkang_TKD

All I can say is Thank you for sharing this. It made me cry too.

A

AnimEdge

he voices are to low and she doesnt blink evenly but yes it was rather sad

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Many from the 60's remember where they were and what they were doing the day JFK was shot. I think the unfolding news of the day as the towers went down, and what we were doing as we heard and watched, will be indellibly burnt into our minds for years to come.

Sweet Dreams to all who sleep; we remember you.

Dave

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kembudo-Kai Kempoka said:
Many from the 60's remember where they were and what they were doing the day JFK was shot. I think the unfolding news of the day as the towers went down, and what we were doing as we heard and watched, will be indellibly burnt into our minds for years to come.

Sweet Dreams to all who sleep; we remember you.

Dave
Yes, I do remember where I was - the row nearest the door, second desk, Miss Zimmerman's 5th grade. Mr. McKenna, our vice principal, got on the loudspeaker and kept saying "The President has been shot. The President has been shot." Revisionist history be damned. JFK was my hero.

As are all those who perished in the Twin Towers, in the field in Pennsylvania, and in the Pentagon. May the hijackers be damned for eternity.