i might be moving to CT

gixxershane

Green Belt
Reaction score
i also posted this over on kenpo talk :)

I currently live in Rhode Island, but am considering moving to Connecticut.. was woundering if any one here studys or owns a EPK school in CT... Im really just on the fence with this right now, but i want to see about continuing my training if i do decide to move..

thanks in advance..

shane

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree with Carol 100%. If you're moving to CT and want to train in Kenpo, give Sensei Frank a serious look.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i also posted this over on kenpo talk :)

I currently live in Rhode Island, but am considering moving to Connecticut.. was woundering if any one here studys or owns a EPK school in CT... Im really just on the fence with this right now, but i want to see about continuing my training if i do decide to move..

thanks in advance..

shane

There are a number of great schools in CT.

As Carol already mentioned, you have Cromwell Martial Arts. Frank, the owner of the school is also a member here at Martial Talk, under the screen name Stickarts. I've known and trained with Frank for a long time. He is a wealth of knowledge and offers alot at his school. In addition to the Kenpo, he also offers a Modern Arnis program.

In Middletown, you have Middletown Kenpo. The site is www.mkks.com It is however still under construction. This is the school that I currently train at. However, the Kenpo there is Tracy, not EPAK. Still, its a great school, and the instructors are fantastic!!

In Wallingford, you have Barans Kenpo. http://www.baranskenpo.com/index.cfm?page=1

Jim Baran, the owner of the school is a great person. I've worked out with him in the past and he has a solid background.

These 3 schools should provide you with a start. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. :)

Mike

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for the kudos all! :)

Feel free to PM me or stop by the school any time Gixxershane.

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
It is a great place to train! As always, take aclass and see if you like it. :)

Professor Lee Wedlake is conducting a seminar at Cromwell Martial Arts in May (in case you are not moving anytime soon :)) More Info! Great chance to check out the school.

CTKempo Todd

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am a good friend (and neighbor) of Jim Baran's. I also helped teach at his school for a year (Although my background is Villari and Not Parker)
He is a very talented and dedicated Martial Artist who's been in the game for a very long time.

I also recently attended an Arnis seminar at Middletown Kenpo and everyone there had great attitudes which is a very good reflection of the school.

I've heard nothing but good things about Master Shekosky.

Great choices...Try them all and go with what sings to you..

2 more things..If you want to get into Shaolin Kempo give me a shout :)
and if you do move, we should hook up and go for a ride at some point.

Good luck.

Todd Guay
CT Kempo and Fitness
South Meriden, CT

OP
gixxershane

gixxershane

Green Belt
Reaction score
I went down to look at Barans kenpo in wallingford.. i liked the school, they where too busy to talk all that much...

I also went and checked out cromwell martial arts studio.. I had a great time talking with two of the instructors there... they even let me join in on the class. :)

good times.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I went down to look at Barans kenpo in wallingford.. i liked the school, they where too busy to talk all that much...

I also went and checked out cromwell martial arts studio.. I had a great time talking with two of the instructors there... they even let me join in on the class. :)

good times.

sorry I was out of town and didn't meet you but I am glad you were able to visit and had a good time. Drop by again!

OP
gixxershane

gixxershane

Green Belt
Reaction score
sorry I was out of town and didn't meet you but I am glad you were able to visit and had a good time. Drop by again!

i will deff. drop by again.. i liked your school alot.. i have a bunch of questions for you about the kenpo side of the curriculum.. Sifu James is a great guy, good energy and I also got a chance to talk with Sifu Joe at the school also.. He seems to be about as passionate about the parker system as myself.. we talked about some of the extentions... good group of people you have there at CMA.

you run a great program there for you students :)

thanks...

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
i will deff. drop by again.. i liked your school alot.. i have a bunch of questions for you about the kenpo side of the curriculum.. Sifu James is a great guy, good energy and I also got a chance to talk with Sifu Joe at the school also.. He seems to be about as passionate about the parker system as myself.. we talked about some of the extentions... good group of people you have there at CMA.

thanks...

Thank you!

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

thanks...

Yes, Jim and Joe are 2 great people with alot to offer! :) If joint locks and pressure points are something that interest you, hang around Jim...he loves to demo!!:ultracool

Mike

OP
gixxershane

gixxershane

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yes, Jim and Joe are 2 great people with alot to offer! :) If joint locks and pressure points are something that interest you, hang around Jim...he loves to demo!!:ultracool

Mike

i love it all bro... i think i might have found a school for when we move... ;)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

thanks...

Shane, if I wasn't stuck on 2nd shirt I'd be down there once or twice a month, even though its 2.5 hours each way to get there :)

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score

good times.

Looking forward to meeting you. Glad to hear the guys took great care of you. They are great and instructors, but above all, great friends.

OP
gixxershane

gixxershane

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sounds good!! Once things get settled for you, we'll have to set up a workout!

yes we will.. it is good to see that CMA has a buch of people that are just as enthused about the arts as myself.. we deffinatly will have to set some thing up.. i love learning new things and love working the parker sysetm as well

Looking forward to meeting you. Glad to hear the guys took great care of you. They are great and instructors, but above all, great friends.

yes i deffinatly got that feeling.. great bunch of people!! :)