"I like the way you roll" ?

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was in groin sparring class today - (girl/girl groin is in if they both agree, boy/girl girl can hit groin boy can't boy/boy groin is usually in unless otherwise said) and we had a 6th degree black belt from washington who flies down periodically to train with our head instructor. He was watching sparring class tonight and after I was fighting a blackbelt, he told me that he would watch me and that he "likes the way I roll..."

What the hell does that mean??

lenatoi

Green Belt
Reaction score
He means he likes the way you move on the ground. the way you do your matt work.

Either that, or he wants you.... I was joking there by the way.

OP
S

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
I should also mention that we do point sparring. No actual rolling was done.

lenatoi

Green Belt
Reaction score
oh.... He thinks you're hot then? :idunno:

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hand Sword said:
It simply means that he likes the way that you sparred. It's a street thing--lol.

Agreed!

It's a slang term... as in, "I didn't know you rolled like that" or "'cause that's the way we roll up in this MF'er!" :ultracool

I'd have to think a 6th dan would (hopefully) be more professional than to say, "Hey, Boy! You're looking mighty fine in that Gi!" :rolleyes:

Then again... :idunno:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, I'm an old fogey and even I know what that means!

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jade Tigress said:
Ok, I'm an old fogey and even I know what that means!

Ditto. I mean, not the old fogey part...um...I'm not saying *you* are an old fogey, Pam...because you're not...but you *are* older than me...ah...nevermind. :p

What I'm trying to say is that I also knew what the visiting instructor said - and it definitely was a compliment, Sam. :)

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Swordlady said:
Ditto. I mean, not the old fogey part...um...I'm not saying *you* are an old fogey, Pam...because you're not...but you *are* older than me...ah...nevermind. :p

What I'm trying to say is that I also knew what the visiting instructor said - and it definitely was a compliment, Sam. :)

*smack*....*runs*...heehee....uh oh...the lady has a sword, I am in deep **** now...

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Kreth said:
Except Sam's not a boy. :lol:

:xtrmshock

hehehe

OOPS! Sorry, Sam! :uhyeah:

I was actually paraphrasing an old Eddie Murphy bit on what if Mr. T lead an alternative lifestyle...

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
It was slang. He liked your "Stage Presence" while on the mat. No worries. I am with Pam and the Jedi, I am old and still know what that means. Of course it was a compliment.

lenatoi

Green Belt
Reaction score
woops. I don't really think the guy was coming on t you. I thought you were a dude so I was trying to be funny.:whip:

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
lenatoi said:
woops. I don't really think the guy was coming on t you. I thought you were a dude so I was trying to be funny.:whip:

Apparently, you haven't seen Sam's pictures in the Photo Gallery. She's definitely a girl. :)

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The comments others made are funny! Yes, Sam, that instructor was giving you a compliment! It's a good thing. I'd be very pleased if I heard my instructor tell me that.

- Ceicei

Latest Discussions