I know it is not festivus, but

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I just have to air some grievences. The thing is this, everyone goes to a good school, train under the best and greatest, otherwise they would not train where they do.

Also, people think that tkd is regulated: But by who? The I.O.C., KKW, ITF (Gee there are only 3 different ITF's) - They are the rightful one just ask them they will tell you, or the WTF?

That is a lot of infighting and money that just won't let things churn itself into true standardization. I was at a tournament over the weekend and didn't see Tae Guek Sa Jang or Yul-Gok done the same way by 2 different people.

I guess the point of what I am trying to make is that everyone should be more accepting of others and their efforts, help don't badger.

BTW: I was there to ring coach and not compete, I am just talking about my own personal observations.

OP
matt.m

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I guess I am the only one who wants to touch the "Touchy" subject.

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Live and let live, kick and let kick :D

I don't go to competitions, so what everyone else does is all fine by me. If I did go to competitions, I think it would still be alright with me. I'm in it for the kata. Yeah, that's my new sig line :lol:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Matt my instructor always said this about TKD what I learn else where and brings back to my school and then teach you is TKD because it came from me and the school. What you learn outside your school and bring back to your school is what you want to call it. This is how I try and live, we do all set of poomsae and at every tournament we see different variation of them, who is right the one doing the form of course because that is how it was tought to them by there instructor.

I'm done and waiting on replys.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
I just have to air some grievences. The thing is this, everyone goes to a good school, train under the best and greatest, otherwise they would not train where they do.
The funny thing about that is despite all that, they all pretty much train the same. They can run long-winded diatribes about a belt syllabus being grossly inferior etc, but in the end, a kick's still a kick, a punch is still a punch, and people are still people.

HelloKitty

Green Belt
Reaction score
At the end of the day, taekwondo is taekwondo, even if your school is itf, wtf, etc. Of course you can see a lot of similar things.

You as a student must learn a little about your options, what does it mean for your school to belong to one of these federations (you can ask the instructors of each different academy, etc) and stay where you feel better. ;)

Latest Discussions